1/48 Monogram Promodeller F-15E (Built OOB)

Here is one of my latest completed builds.

This is the Promodeller F-15E that I built OOB as the Tiger Meet aircraft. overall it went together really easily and I am very happy with how it turned out. I used the white house paint technique for the first time to paint the intakes and it looks great and I used sponges to mask the intakes nd wheel wells and  I am also happy with how that worked out.  Only really issue I have is my own doing. I used Alclad Gold Titanium (the only titanium paint I could get during lockdown) for the engine areas and I do not like the way the colour looks. Too late to change anything so I will live with it.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

007.jpg

010.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

016.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Sean

On 4/16/2021 at 7:16 AM, MA Cooke said:

Stunning build!

Curious - what is the white house technique?

It was a technique I saw around here. you block off the back end of the intake trunk, fill it with white house paint (I used primer) wait a bit, then dump it all out. It leaves a nice thick layer of white paint inside the intake and you don't have to fight to get even coverage. I will have a how-to video soon on my youtube channel.

sean