Jump to content

How about some 1/48 Falklands/Malvinas Sheets?


Recommended Posts

Between the newish Kinetic Sea Harrier, a couple of Super Entendard kits, the new Kinetic Harrier GR.3 and Pucara along with the Kinetic/Wingman Daggers...about the only kits that are hard to come by are the Hasegawa Skyhawks.

 

I figured that Xtradecal would spew out a bunch of new Falklands sheets...but they haven't.  There's only a couple of Sea Harrier markings, a single Harrier.  If you are lucky you might have picked up one of the Aztec sheets a few years ago.  Seems a pity.  There is enough reference material and subjects that you could almost do a sheet per major aircraft type (Sea Harrier sheet, Harrier sheet, etc).

 

Just wanting to do a Corporate Harrier and Sea Harrier with my kinetic kits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cameron Lynch said:

Between the newish Kinetic Sea Harrier, a couple of Super Entendard kits, the new Kinetic Harrier GR.3 and Pucara along with the Kinetic/Wingman Daggers...about the only kits that are hard to come by are the Hasegawa Skyhawks.

 

I figured that Xtradecal would spew out a bunch of new Falklands sheets...but they haven't.  There's only a couple of Sea Harrier markings, a single Harrier.  If you are lucky you might have picked up one of the Aztec sheets a few years ago.  Seems a pity.  There is enough reference material and subjects that you could almost do a sheet per major aircraft type (Sea Harrier sheet, Harrier sheet, etc).

 

Just wanting to do a Corporate Harrier and Sea Harrier with my kinetic kits.

The Kinetic Sea Harrier decal sheet allows you to do every Sea Harrier FRS.1  that was deployed, there's absolutely no need to do a Sea Harrier sheet as the kit sheet covers the lot. The GR3 kit has a Falklands option on the decal sheet.  Both Super Etendard kits have Argentine options on the decal sheet , The Kinetic Mirage V/ Dagger has Falkland options on the kit sheet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stephen said:

The Kinetic Sea Harrier decal sheet allows you to do every Sea Harrier FRS.1  that was deployed, there's absolutely no need to do a Sea Harrier sheet as the kit sheet covers the lot. The GR3 kit has a Falklands option on the decal sheet.  Both Super Etendard kits have Argentine options on the decal sheet , The Kinetic Mirage V/ Dagger has Falkland options on the kit sheet. 

Because people like more choices.  When I spend 4-6 months and a hundred plus hours building something...I'd like the option to use some high quality decals that didn't necessarily come in the same box that everyone else who bought that model also has.  Plus in a number of cases aftermarket decals are better researched and include better paint/markings information.  The decals are sometimes the last thing that kit manufacturers worry about or spend resources on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pacheco said:

Aztec has released few time ago new decals regarding the South Atlantic conflict.

 

Portadamalvinas2ver2-7_720x.jpg?v=159441

 

And part 1 was again released.

 

promo_calca_48_720x.jpg?v=1568911353

Yes.  I've got a set.  But they came out several years ago and were even difficult to source then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2021 at 3:38 PM, Cameron Lynch said:

Between the newish Kinetic Sea Harrier, a couple of Super Entendard kits, the new Kinetic Harrier GR.3 and Pucara along with the Kinetic/Wingman Daggers...about the only kits that are hard to come by are the Hasegawa Skyhawks.

 

I figured that Xtradecal would spew out a bunch of new Falklands sheets...but they haven't.  There's only a couple of Sea Harrier markings, a single Harrier.  If you are lucky you might have picked up one of the Aztec sheets a few years ago.  Seems a pity.  There is enough reference material and subjects that you could almost do a sheet per major aircraft type (Sea Harrier sheet, Harrier sheet, etc).

 

Just wanting to do a Corporate Harrier and Sea Harrier with my kinetic kits.

 

I agree with you.

 

I hoped that Kinetic's surprise release was the A4; regarding the decals, I'll also like the idea of more options.

 

It was disappointing when part two of Aztec's decals came out and didn't include the SUE (I've part one); I have an almost finished Airfix 1/48 SUE waiting for decals; the ones included in the kit and the ones from Condor are inaccurate either in size or shape (only noticed when I applied them).

 

I drew the markings based on pictures to print them sometime later, but when the kits from Kitty Hawk and Kinetic came out, I was sure that sooner than later, there will be aftermarket decals and decided to wait......and I'm still waiting.

 

Carlos

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2021 at 3:30 AM, Cameron Lynch said:

Because people like more choices.  When I spend 4-6 months and a hundred plus hours building something...I'd like the option to use some high quality decals that didn't necessarily come in the same box that everyone else who bought that model also has.  Plus in a number of cases aftermarket decals are better researched and include better paint/markings information.  The decals are sometimes the last thing that kit manufacturers worry about or spend resources on. 

 

All that is usually true . The exception is  if you want to build a Falkland's Sea Harrier and you are using the Kinetic kit.

 

On 4/16/2021 at 3:32 AM, Cameron Lynch said:

Yes.  I've got a set.  But they came out several years ago and were even difficult to source then.

I ordered those sets from Aztec 2 weeks ago and they are on the way to me at the moment..

Edited by a4s4eva
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cruiz said:

It was disappointing when part two of Aztec's decals came out and didn't include the SUE (I've part one); I have an almost finished Airfix 1/48 SUE waiting for decals; the ones included in the kit and the ones from Condor are inaccurate either in size or shape (only noticed when I applied them).

 

Aerocalcas are again on the market. Maybe they can rerelease SuE decals.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...