Nice new ship for Australian navy

I would ask whether the ADF, a government department, did the smartest thing in hiring the dancers as this from Reuters states they did ...

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/twists-aplenty-australian-navy-twerking-controversy-2021-04-15/

The ABC report cut between shots showing the dancers and a crowd of dignitaries including Governor-General David Hurley, Queen Elizabeth's representative in Australia. However, Hurley had not arrived at the time of the routine, a spokesman for the Australian Defence Force said.

The dance troupe, which the ADF said was hired as part of its engagement with the local community, were critical of the ABC, saying the report was "deceptive" and they were hurt and disappointed by their portrayal and resulting controversy.

"The media which purports to support women have been the most virulent," the troupe said in a statement.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said he was disappointed over the "misreporting" that had misled people.

Ya know, the people who form a leadership most likely originate within, are raised within, exist within, a culture, and most likely absorb that culture's values  ...

Senator Jacqui Lambie, who formerly served with the Army, told Today the decision was an "absolute shocker".

"Good on those young ladies for getting out there, but I tell you, being half-clothed outside a warship is probably inappropriate," she said.

"If that is the leadership in our defence forces, God help our sons and daughters who are serving."

https://www.9news.com.au/national/navy-twerking-dancers-governor-general-releases-statement/89df4c89-e0a0-43f2-a8cc-a1770cfb93f6

Someone just raised this topic over in the autism forum named Wrong Planet & seeing that article brings to mind thoughts I'm going to come back and add here.

A government department hired the dancers

A government department approved the dancers

A government department made sure that government officials would not be present with the government hired and government approved dancers

That seem to me to be the real story here

Over and above the news editing with a spoonful of artistic license.

(I had radio and TV broadcasting classes in college in early 1980s and trust me, news outlets were "artistically licensing" their editing even then)