Flying Leathernecks Decals FL48008 Hornet Swarm in Desert Storm

2 hours ago, Da SWO said:

Wow, just incredible research.

Thank you. A lot of Marines that served with me during that time were a big help. Several of the pilots on that sheet have become good friends over the years and were instrumental in getting a lot of the ordnance configurations and other details confirmed. I was also able to get each squadrons Command Chronology for Desert Storm which provided a breakdown of several key missions. All in all, a major group effort spanning several years to bring this to light.

1 hour ago, Swordsman422 said:

Looks awesome!

I am hoping one day you'll tackle some carrier-based hornet units. I would love to see VMFA-232 with CVW-11 in 2005.

You can pretty much count on me covering anything that says MARINES on the side from Korea to today. 232's previous CO is a good friend and has been a big help in helping me secure good solid references on everything 232 going back to 1998, so their 2005 deployment will definitely get some love.

My goodness! I'll second what others have said and say fantastic work Dave. These were well worth the wait. Gotta stock up on some ordnance in anticipation!

A question on 121's non-night attack bird, does it mean it retained the flat IP shroud and didn't have hand controllers for the WSO?

22 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

You can pretty much count on me covering anything that says MARINES on the side from Korea to today. 232's previous CO is a good friend and has been a big help in helping me secure good solid references on everything 232 going back to 1998, so their 2005 deployment will definitely get some love.

That is fan-freakin'-tastic! I've always liked VMFA-232 Phantoms, but I got turned onto their Hornets watching the multi-part documentary "Carrier," which was filmed on that deployment. The Red Devils got a lot of attention, and the struggles of being a Marine squadron in a Navy air wing were frequently discussed, but they made it obvious that they knew the CAS game better than any other squadron on the boat. I look forward to more of your work.

Just a heads up for those of you that receive your orders for FL48008 Desert Storm Hornets.

The leaflets included in the first 100 or so sheets are the real deal and not photo copies. These are the leaflets that were dropped over Iraq and parts of Kuwait telling the Iraqi forces to surrender.

When we left the Gulf, I brought back a few hundred of them and gave many out to friends and family over the years. I packed one with each sheet until I ran out.

May be an illustration of 2 people

No photo description available.