suspicious model web sites

i was browsing google for some items and came across one which was selling a HIRO 1/12 model kit at one fifth of the price and another selling a Tamiya kit at half price  . when i tried registering with them i never received conformation and never received a reply questioning their prices . In this case would any of you have gone forward and paid in advance through paypal for any item from them ?

hello  everyone

Glad to read the above  , here are the names of the sites  www,yansauet.com        www.tkelimeh.com  . never received replies from their email contact as well . i just noticed on google there are many doubting  yansauet !!!! also beware of the other one i mentioned .

Edited by Dog1

Unfortunately, there are numerous scam sites which come and go with alarming regularity...

....constantly appearing under different domain names, but they often look almost identical...

....I've learned how to spot them now, after having fallen victim to one myself back in January.

I'd been searching for 1/72 Chinook 'dustbin' filters, and found a set being offered at half-price...

....on what appeared to be a 'discount' and 'deals' site located in Germany - well, so I thought...

....browsing the other model stuff, I found a secondhand bundle of five A-Model Jetstream kits.

I didn't get a confirmation email after registering, but thought nothing of it at the time...

....alarm bells should have rung when my Mastercard was rejected on trying to use it...

....but my Amex went through OK - despite it not being shown as an accepted method.

It wasn't until I'd had no email confirmation of my order that the bells started going off...

....even louder when the 'customer service' email link turned out not to be a link at all...

....and Googling that address then threw up results associating it with various scam sites.

I contacted Amex immediately, informing them I might have fallen foul of a fraudulent site...

....was initially told I'd have to wait until the advised delivery date of the items had passed...

....except there wasn't one - confimed by a screenshot of my order at the then still-active site.

The Amex process could have taken up to 30 days - I received a full refund in just a week...

....which suggested their investigation concluded pretty quickly that the site wasn't legit...

....the site name was fibrog.top - registered to a Victoria Bauer, with a Sayreville, NJ address.

Edited by andyf117

i have not been into model building for well over a decade so getting back into it leads to a few surprises but i was'nt ready for scam sites at all since i dont recall any being around years back .  Now i feel a bit more mature and alert . The best and most secure way is to try to stick to your current suppliers but its almost impossible not to go searching since there is no supplier with everything under the sun .