F-105 Thud question

I've been off models for a while, but recently got a Yahu F-105 instrument panel and want to give it a try again.

I've a half dozen Revell/Monogram 1/48 kits that I want to show with the variety of spines and extensions, but I also want to build one with the wing flaps  deployed.

It's very uncommon as a hunt through my five paper books and 2700 images and several online walkarounds just goes to prove, as apart from landing or take off rolls, I've come up with zero.

I think the leading edge flaps are on a simple hinge, but I think the T/E flaps are the Fowler type that extend out and back on two rails.

While I could likely guesstimate the details, that's no substitute for actual data.

So if anyone knows of a picture source or a video of the flaps in operation, I'd be very glad to hear of them.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks Bill, those photos are a great help.

I'll have to build a rig to figure how the flaps actually move, with the hinges pointing inboard but the flaps apparently moving rearwards.

On 4/29/2021 at 12:19 AM, chek said:

Thanks Bill, those photos are a great help.

I'll have to build a rig to figure how the flaps actually move, with the hinges pointing inboard but the flaps apparently moving rearwards.

Deleted since the files did not work.

Edited by Photogator
Evidently PDF files are not allowed.

Thanks Bill. It might seem a bit weird, but I like a model that helps to understand how things work.

Btw the two pdf links aren't working.

Edited by chek
spelling
14 hours ago, chek said:

Thanks Bill. It might seem a bit weird, but I like a model that helps to understand how things work.

Btw the two pdf links aren't working.

Sorry about that. They uploaded just fine last night. I guess the system gagged on them afterwards. 

Here are jpgs of the same pages from the manuals. As for understanding how things work, that is

why I got into aviation.

3-4.jpg

3-8.jpg

309.jpg