Difference between Mr. Color Leveling Thinner and Mr. Color Thinner

10 hours ago, Dog1 said:

from what i have read levelling is supposed to give a better shine . 

The difference is in the name itself.  Mr. Leveling Thinner is blended with a retarder, which slows down the drying time of paint and therefore allows the paint to spread out more evenly, resulting in a smoother surface.  It does not necessarily give a better shine.  For example, use it to thin dead flat paint like Tamiya XF series, and the paint will still appear flat without any shine.

i use it and i noticed a higher level of detail on very small parts i primed .When then painted i was impressed of the outcome . if you have patience try mixing the primer with an ordinary generic thinner and compare . 

On 4/25/2021 at 10:49 AM, serendip said:

Hi all,

Maybe someone know what the difference is between Mr. Color Leveling Thinner and Mr. Color Thinner.

Thanks,

The levelling thinner has a retarder in it while the regular thinner doesnt.

The retarder stops the paints medium from drying which has the effect of allowing the medium (which carries the pigment) to spread over the substrate more evenly, it also allows the pigment to settle which is why some people say they get a better shine to the paint when they use it.

If you use Levelling thinner and rapid thinner you will see the difference more clearly.