ARMA HOBBY PLZ P.11C 1/48

• 3 weeks later...

Hello my fellow modelers...

Got the plane decaled. I use the Techmod/Model Maker decals and they are very strong. You really need resilient decals so you can move around the raised stringers without them breaking apart. The problem is thick decals do not conform well to the corrugated surface even with repeated Solvaset applications. I have to cut slits and use the Q tips to force the decals into place.  Still have many areas of silvering that I need to address before clear coating for the wash. Dai 

IMG_7434.jpg

IMG_7439.jpg

Edited by dai phan
32 minutes ago, BuNo02100 said:

Good luck with the decals, you have done great with the kit so far

BW

Thank you very much! Still have some very minor silvering on the bottom wings but any more Solvaset applications will risk of decal distortion. A wash and weathering will eliminate any imperfections. Should be able to wrap up the project this weekend. Dai 

Greetings modelers ...

Completed my latest project. Overall a very nice first release from a Polish company Arma Hobby. Here are my assesments...

PROS:

1. The best 1/48 kit of the P11c. I have seen the Mirage kit and I thought the surface details are not on par with AH offering.

2. Very detailed cockpit and engine.

3. Excellent fit without any use of fillers.

4. Quality decal sheet by Techmod.

CONS:

1. Not so clear instructions on the cockpit tub assembly. Arma Hobby has pictorial instructions on this step on their website. 

2. Oversized on some detail parts such as gun sight bases and wing attenna hook ups. 

3. Overly thick sprue attachments to the parts requiring more cleaning up than a typical kit.  

4. Poor fit of the engine exhausts onto the cowl. I already ordered an one piece resin replacement.

5. Questionable scale fidelity of the horizontal tail to the fuse. If you look at the photos at the tail, you will see a large gap between the horizontal tail and the fuselage. The gap is significant and on the kit, everything is flushed top and bottom ! The photo of the only surviving P11c shows there is no gap on the top surface of the horizontal stabilizer and the fuse however. This leads me to believe either the tail can be moved upward to close gap but yet this will leave a bigger gap at the bottom. Or some planes have no gap at all due to different designs? The Mirage version clearly shows the gaps on top and bottom surface of the tail. 

Overall a very nice kit ( unless  of the tail assembly blunder?) of this pre WW2 Polish fighter. Dai

IMG_7462.jpg

IMG_7463.jpg

IMG_7459.jpg

IMG_7460.jpg

IMG_7464.jpg

IMG_7465.jpg

IMG_7466.jpg

Edited by dai phan

Howdy everyone...

When the plane was about to be placed in the display case, I realized I made a mistake. The right wing antenna mast was at the wrong location ! So had to remove it, sand flushed and place a new one in the correct position. Now it is finally done ! Dai

IMG_7501.jpg

IMG_7504.jpg

IMG_7506.jpg

Edited by dai phan