Modelcollect B-52H (UA72211)

Well… I just picked up the newly re-kitted B-52H from Modelcollect (via Lucky) kit number UA72211. This replaces the previous version kit number UA72200.

This new kit includes the corrected parts that were needed and much discussed on this forum, but there is a problem.

The new kit version no longer includes any weapons (previous one had sprue Z cruise missiles and PE for them), inexplicably NO unit/ sqn marking decals (neither of these are shown to be included in the instructions or parts map) and the common/ stencil decals are all printed in black now vs the correct grey (which the previous kit had properly done).

I’m a bit baffled by this. So I did email Modelcollect to see what they say/ can do about this, but just wanted the community here to be aware if you were considering this new kit version UA72211, so you’ll know what you’re in for.

Modelmkr…

Edited by Modelmkr
Typo
  • Modelmkr changed the title to Modelcollect B-52H (UA72211)

Possibly nothing was fixed? The thread was a while ago, so I’m just going from memory. Maybe it was incorrect weapons included? Yes, the G definitely had issues that were corrected. Seems then they merely created issues with the new H kit that previously were fine.

Modelmkr

• 1 month later...

I checked my UA72200  image and instructions against the image and  instructions posted on the Modelcollect company website for UA72211, both covering the B52H .  As Modelmkr points out, UA72211 does not include:  The "Z" fret, The Photo-etch  weapons wings fret, and the Unit markings.  Moreover the B52H UA72211 image on the box, while similar to UA72200, top does NOT show the underwing pilon with weapons mounted - whereas the UA72200 (my kit box top) DOES show the weapons pilon.  So, if you want more "goodies" go with UA72200 - if available (it may now be superceded already).

Cheers