Hello!

This is my recent project, a nice kit of this iconic jet. It’s an old toll, and it shows it in some ways, but it also can be built into a nice model . Except fot the canopy masks, everything OOB.
All my references showed these USAF birds, in the late eighties and early nineties were kept relatively clean, being the opposite of the Navy. So, the weathering was kept to a minimum.
All decals were fine.
Gunze paints and oils were used.

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers!

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

Very nicely done. And yes, your weathering looks spot on from what I remembered seeing A-7D’s at the OKC airport in the early 90’s during a stopover.

Where did you get your display walls & base?  They are really cool too.

Great Job George,

Mr. Happy 

1 hour ago, Mr.Happy said:

Very nicely done. And yes, your weathering looks spot on from what I remembered seeing A-7D’s at the OKC airport in the early 90’s during a stopover.

Where did you get your display walls & base?  They are really cool too.

Great Job George,

Mr. Happy 

Glad to know about the weathering.  These displays are found here:  https://www.coastalkits.co.uk/newstore/

Thank you!

They flew this particular A-7D with those markings whilst training on the 117 at the same time.  They flew the aircraft from Tonopah Nevada.  I personally now this as a good friend flew the F-117 and the A-7D prior to the public's knowledge at the time.  The logo on the side with the "Raptor" was later used in one of the squadron's mascot once the F-117 became public knowledge.

HTH

1 hour ago, Rocketdrvr said:

They flew this particular A-7D with those markings whilst training on the 117 at the same time.  They flew the aircraft from Tonopah Nevada.  I personally now this as a good friend flew the F-117 and the A-7D prior to the public's knowledge at the time.  The logo on the side with the "Raptor" was later used in one of the squadron's mascot once the F-117 became public knowledge.

HTH

Ok, thank you!!

On 4/29/2021 at 6:02 PM, Rocketdrvr said:

Really nice SLUF!  Great to see the markings of the "Secret" F-117 Squadron used on this build.

"I just fly test A-7's here at Nellis" LOL! That was a great cover story for a great aircraft (F-117)

Always good to see an A-7D being done! Great job! 

Cheers....Ron