I'm slowly working on a pylon for the F-84F, that was used only for the Mark 7 atomic weapon. Here's a picture:

f84f-060.jpg

Some time ago I found a photo on Ebay that shows this pylon's stencils, and a fellow modeler was kind enough to buy and scan the photo. I can read all stencils, except the following:

1. the last one or two word(s),  INSTALL ALL ELECTRICAL CONNECTORS WITH XXXXXXXX

f84f-114.jpg

f84f-115.jpg

2. the rearmost one that's in the shadow of the wing. Maybe someone know a Photoshop trick to make that readable?

f84f-116.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help!

Rob

Just a thought - would similar pylons for the Mk 7 on other aircraft have similar or the same stencilling? I'm just thinking about whether you might be able to find clearer images of the stencilling by spreading your search parameters away from only the F-84 version of the pylon?

1 hour ago, John Tapsell said:

Just a thought - would similar pylons for the Mk 7 on other aircraft have similar or the same stencilling? I'm just thinking about whether you might be able to find clearer images of the stencilling by spreading your search parameters away from only the F-84 version of the pylon?

That's a great idea indeed! But I must admit that I only know the F-84F pylon for the Mark 7. I have no idea whether a special pylon was used too on aircraft like the A-4, F-100 and F-101.

Rob

41 minutes ago, eraucubsfan said:

Maybe this guy can help.  

https://www.tailormadedecals.com/lng/en/decals/jets/f-84f-thunderstreak/15/usaf/f-84f-uasf-maintenance-stencils-water-slide-decals.html

Looks like he did maintenance decals for RC versions.  

That's a great set indeed, for a Belgian Streak. But as far as I can see, it does not cover the Mark 7 pylon.

Rob