Canopy tinting....

AFV Club have a line of tinted canopies in 1/32 that includes an F/A-18B/D...I don’t know if they offer a single seat option.

Late edit: bad info, see follow on posts below

Edited by RichB63
2 hours ago, Breaddy-Stack said:

The only thing I'd caution is that it's designed for the Hobby Boss kit which I believe has a longer canopy than Hasegawa or Kinetic.

We're talking 1/32 scale 🙂

12 minutes ago, RichB63 said:

We're talking 1/32 scale 🙂

Right I somehow missed that the first time 🤦‍♂️

I still stand by Janissary’s build. I think his came out looking most like the reference photos I’ve seen. The front windscreen seems to have a yellowish hue to it, whereas the main canopy is iridescent. If AFV club is making one in 32nd scale than by all means!

Edited by Breaddy-Stack
22 hours ago, Breaddy-Stack said:

Check out Janissary’s hornet build over in in-progress pics. He had a really interesting method involving sharpie, rubbing alcohol, and iridescent powder!

Link please? I can't find a Hornet WIP thread anywhere there by a person with that name.

20 hours ago, RichB63 said:

AFV Club have a line of tinted canopies in 1/32 that includes an F/A-18B/D...I don’t know if they offer a single seat option.

I got really excited until I went to the link and it is 1/48 🙁 (and they don't specify which kit its for).

Amazon (of all places) seems to carry AFV Club's line of coated canopies (which is unfortunately kind of limited).

Edited by mrvark
more info
38 minutes ago, mrvark said:

I got really excited until I went to the link and it is 1/48 🙁 (and they don't specify which kit its for).

Amazon (of all places) seems to carry AFV Club's line of coated canopies (which is unfortunately kind of limited).

Yep, my bad.

I was misled by the fact that AFV Club canopies, regardless of scale, all have product numbers beginning in 32xxx. Apparently, only Super Hornet canopies are available in large scale.

Back to the drawing board!

8 hours ago, drake122 said:

Link please? I can't find a Hornet WIP thread anywhere there by a person with that name.

Here you go: www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/315184-148-hasegawa-f-18c-vfa-113/

I’ve discussed his technique with and he said it’s super easy to wipe off and start over if you don’t like the way it comes out!