2 hours ago, bashace said:

Also, I have the Academy F-111C kit, no GBU-28's came with it.

Unfortunately as it stands I have not come across anyone who sells High Flight 😕

And may I ask which boxing you have? I believe the older boxing with the camouflaged F-111C over Sydney does not have one. The 2011 boxing does though! 

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2021 at 6:21 PM, bashace said:

Also, I have the Academy F-111C kit, no GBU-28's came with it.

@bashace, 

I am doing some research about the 1/48 scale Academy F-111C & FB-111A.  Does the Academy 1:48 #1674 F-111C kit (over Sydney boxart) include both the TP1 & TP2 intakes?  I see from an online copy of the instruction sheet that it looks like two sets of TP1 intakes are included (#65, 66, 71 , 72).  It also appears that two sets of outer intakes are included: (#67, 68, 73, 74) with the bold parts used for the F-111C.  Why two complete sets of TP1 intakes?  Are the F-111C intakes different from the F-111A/E/EF-111A? Just curious if I could make a FB-111A out of it. Kind regards, Dutch

Edited by Dutch
add links.

The F-111C kit does include 2 different air intake sets, the kit has you use the Triple-Plough III Intake option. The other intake has blow-in doors on the side of it, not sure which version that is.

Edited by bashace

Hmm...  I only know of Triple Plow 1 on F-111A/B/C and the first two FB-111A prototypes.  Then there is Triple Plow 2 on the F-111D/E/F/G and production FB-111As.  The EF-111A were all converted from F-111As, hence had the TP 1 intakes.  The F-111G was a conversion of the FB-111A, hence had the TP 2 intakes.  As I look at the F-111C instruction sheet provided in the link above, the parts outline for the two sets of intakes look similar.  Perhaps one set of intakes has the blow in doors open and the other closed.  Also, perhaps one set of intake cones is extended and the other in normal mode?  Can you measure the length of the cones to see if they are the same.