Question for those of you with the Zukei-Mura F-4E kit in hand

I'm looking at the parts diagram for the Z-M F-4E. On Sprue A, Parts A6 and A7 are not used. Are these wider (they would extend farther aft) versions of A13 and A14, the sheet metal surrounds for the afterburners? If so, would anyone be interested in selling them to me? I'm in the US and will happily pay a fair price and shipping. 

Thanks!

Ben

Thanks! I have found a set, assuming they're for the short nozzle -15 engines. This area extended farther aft than on the long nozzle-equipped jets. If I've guessed wrong, I'll just contact Z-M to order the appropriate parts from their F-4C/D kits, because I'm too lazy to modify kit parts.

I should have provided this link to Tommy Thomason's blog, to make what I'm looking for clearer: F-4 J-79 engines 

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown

The two types of exhaust shrouds in the kit are both for the -17 engines as in the F-4E (shrouds for -8 and -15 engines wouldn't have the crescent shaped cut back and go straight down from the vent louvres). The difference is that the JASDF (Mitsubishi built) used a modified shroud with cuts at short intervals as opposed to the original continuous strip of metal. Most likely they found this to perform better under heating/cooling conditions or perhaps were able to use a lighter or cheaper material than the original?

Nozzle%20zoom.jpg

Jeffrey

8 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

The two types of exhaust shrouds in the kit are both for the -17 engines as in the F-4E (shrouds for -8 and -15 engines wouldn't have the crescent shaped cut back and go straight down from the vent louvres). The difference is that the JASDF (Mitsubishi built) used a modified shroud with cuts at short intervals as opposed to the original continuous strip of metal. Most likely they found this to perform better under heating/cooling conditions or perhaps were able to use a lighter or cheaper material than the original?

Nozzle%20zoom.jpg

Jeffrey

Aha !  That nicely explains the difference. Thanks.

BTW:  Has anyone else found these parts difficult to install properly ?  Mine just do not want to sit right.