Battle Phrogs in progress

HHM-774....Out of Norfolk Naval Station right (they have -22's now).  Think I just found the scheme I will be doing for my Phrog.  

Nice to see green...real USMC green.

Cheers

Collin

11 hours ago, Dutch said:

Dave, Beautiful.  I always did like HMM-774 "Wild Geese."  Are these in 1:48 only, or will there be a 1:72 sheet also? (Please.)  K/r, Dutch

There won't be a dedicated 72nd sheet, but all of the options will be spread among 72nd sheets featuring other aircraft, similar to sheets 72002 and 72003.

1 hour ago, Bulldog 09 said:

Yes!!! It is about time we got an up to date sheet for the CH-46. Thank you Dave, outstanding work as always.

Dave Fassett

I started drawing a sheet back in 2008 when stationed at Cherry Point, and after multiple visits to New River on the weekends. After 13 years, I'd say it's time!

Thanks for the info Dave. Question, have you ever though of doing a Op D Storm sheet of Marine aircraft in 1/72? A lot were done straight after, but a lot were inaccurate and better research of today has produced some much better sheets.

Edited by Jabba29
1 hour ago, Jabba29 said:

Thanks for the info Dave. Question, have you ever though of doing a Op D Storm sheet of Marine aircraft in 1/72? A lot were done straight after, but a lot were inaccurate and better research of today has produced some much better sheets.

A correct Echo in 1/72 is needed.

2 hours ago, Jabba29 said:

Definitely on the 'to do' list. I already have all of the Hornets and Prowlers drawn, as well as Intruders from VMA(AW)-224. Just need to knock out 533's Intruders and all of Sheik Isa is covered. I'm a member of several squadron groups on Facebook and they're a gold mine of reference photos and help, so covering the Harriers, Skids, HMM and HMH squadrons correctly won't be too difficult. 

49 minutes ago, Tank said:

A correct Echo in 1/72 is needed.

Or a 3D printed update set......

Dave,

That would be fine too.

For ease and support, it would probably be better to have a part that slides over the D sponsons then to hack the D sponson structure off or print the full fuselage side with the sponsons already attached. Course if going that far, a clear one piece fuselage would be the way to go. Kinda like the Profiline/Special Hobby MD-500, than you only need to mask the windows when painting or remove for guns.
http://www.hyperscale.com/2017/reviews/kits/sh72346reviewbg_1.htm

None that I know about off hand. It did appear the ale-47 that where on top of the sponsons was added behind the main landing gear for four total. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2021 at 11:23 AM, 11bee said:

Any good references out there that detail all the changes these helos went through with regard to defensive systems, antennas, etc from the 80's through OEF/OIF?

11bee,

You would think that an aircraft as important, as prolific and as long-serving as the Sea Knight would have a Schiffer book all to itself. but no!  Anyway, if you can find it, this little Modeler's Guide is pretty good, with lots of USN & USMC photos and detail shots from the 1980s & 90s.

K/r,  Dutch

Edited by Dutch
correct spelling.