a good masking liquid

i tried mr hobby and i found it runny , wont dry , a disaster to remove as well . I remember years ago the Humbrol was good but where i live it means ordering overseas . What other fast drying , easy to remove is there around ?  

Just last year I used some Mr Masking-Sol that I've for a few years now. This was my first try at it and I wasn't impressed. I used it around some vinyl masking patterns that didn't want to stick too well on some curvy bits. When I removed the masking, the Mask-sol lifted some of the paint underneath in some spots and/or removed the slight sheen of the paint in others. 

As I live in northeast Alberta and do not have access to a hobby store, other than mail order, I, too would like to know of other masking fluids.

Chris

I have used Winsor and Newton mask. Expensive but perhaps the best in the business 

https://www.winsornewton.com/na/mediums/watercolour-mediums/?attribute_pa_additive_type=art-masking-fluid&attribute_pa_additive_size=75ml&sku=884955017333

Also Pebeo works too. Much cheaper but congeals too quickly and I had to throw it away after a while on the shelf as it becomes useless. At least 3 times cheaper than Winsor and Newton. 

https://canada.michaels.com/en/pebeo-drawing-gum-45ml/10397464.html?r=g&cm_mmc=PLASearch-_-google-_-MICH_Shopping_CA_N_Art+Supplies_N_Smart_BOPIS_N-_-Generic&kpid=go_cmp-12649796590_adg-125866192011_ad-511035378422_pla-1006894698161_dev-c_ext-_prd-10397464&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0PyHmrLY8AIVlWpvBB0n3QXZEAYYAyABEgLSN_D_BwE

Also I have used Microscale liquid mask and this in my opinion is the worst product I have used for its stated purpose. 

i have used winsor and newton dry brushes in the past when living in Europe and they are really tops , maybe the best . I will look for their masking liquid since you highly recommend them for this item . tks for tip .

2 hours ago, Dog1 said:

i have used winsor and newton dry brushes in the past when living in Europe and they are really tops , maybe the best . I will look for their masking liquid since you highly recommend them for this item . tks for tip .

Get the 'removable liquid mask'. There is one permanent as well. Both bottles are exactly similar. 

I make my own using a mix of liquid dishwashing soap and (Elmers) white wood/paper glue. Water to thin if needed. Let dry and apply the paint. To remove I use a wooden toothpick to raise an edge and peal it off with tweezers or sometimes the adhesive side of masking tape to remove larger pieces. There will most likely be an oily looking residue, but it’s soap and clean up is easy with a moist cloth or tissue.

• 2 months later...

I like Bob Dively liquid mask, it's a little thicker than the usual scale model mask because it's designed for Radio Contolled aircraft masking needs. It also comes in a bigger jar!