Navy flightline ground power units

Does anyone know the name for this piece of equipment, that supplies electrical power and, where I might be able to find other shots of it especially the box ? I'm thinking of scratch-building this for a display base IF I can locate better reference pics.

Any help is appreciated, thanks all.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7126.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Edited by A-10 LOADER
  • A-10 LOADER changed the title to Navy flightline ground power units

If I were a betting man, I would say that is the former NAS Cecil Field were the S-3/ES-3’s lived before the move to NAS Jax....or it’s another Master Jet Base. External power cords so you didn’t have to drive a start cart around. 

Cecil was a master jet base for a long time before the S-3. Fighters/A4’s/A7’s. Those aircraft had no APUs to put power on the jets...so cabling was installed on the flight line. I saw this on Oceana and other Master Jet bases....but don’t remember it at NAS North Island and 100% sure we did not have in the ramp at NAS Atsugi or Pax River. Don’t remember it for sure being on the NAS Jax Viking ramp either. 

I’ll keep digging

here is a decent shot at Cecil:

S-3-Viking_009.jpg

Verlinden used to have a resin set that included some kind of yellow box for ground power and air-conditioning/air-start service in 1:48 scale.  

Product name: Verliden Productions (286) 1/48 - NAS Flight Line Equipment 

More information at ScaleMates.com >  https://www.scalemates.com/kits/verlinden-productions-286-nas-flight-line-equipment--968373 

Thanks Fred, those are some awesome shots and, I could have used them back in October of 2019 when I scratch-built my own "wells units" from Fallon for my A-6E display. All things considered, I'd say they came out pretty good. These however are different units than the one I posted a pic of.

Steve

edited-image_zpsckjbgdd2.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

edited-image_zpsiqkmbnn9.jpg

edited-image_zpsdraghwyp.jpg

edited-image_zpsfzigqirr.jpg

edited-image_zpsv2eu8tk1.jpg

You'd be correct Collin, that is NAS Cecil.

What I need is a good clear close-up of all four sides of that box. Does it even have switches, knobs or, dials on it or, is it just a box that the power cords come out of ? I appreciate the help my friend very much.

Steve

19 hours ago, jeffryfontaine said:

Verlinden used to have a resin set that included some kind of yellow box for ground power and air-conditioning/air-start service in 1:48 scale.  

Product name: Verliden Productions (286) 1/48 - NAS Flight Line Equipment 

More information at ScaleMates.com >  https://www.scalemates.com/kits/verlinden-productions-286-nas-flight-line-equipment--968373 

I had this for years and sold it back in 2019. I did salvage the red caged lights from it to use on my scratch-built "wells units". Those units in the Verlinden set are different than the one in the pic I originally posted. Thanks anyway.

Steve