Does anyone know what version of wheels that the EX will be using?  I’ll be using the GWH F-15 E with the BAM Models EX conversion for the main kit, but I’ve read that the wheels in the kit are wrong, so aftermarket would be the way to go.....just not sure which ones.  Any hep would be greatly appreciated!

Brad

5 hours ago, gb_madcat_sl said:

Definitely different from any of the current F-15 wheels.

F15EX_1.jpeg

@arnobiz to the rescue perhaps?

Mark

I think those are the standard ones that they have rolled out on the whole F-15 fleet with in the last couple of years. The kit ones will be wrong and unfortunately I don’t think any aftermarket company ha made them yet.  

8 hours ago, ORANGF15Guy said:

Does anyone know what version of wheels that the EX will be using?  I’ll be using the GWH F-15 E with the BAM Models EX conversion for the main kit, but I’ve read that the wheels in the kit are wrong, so aftermarket would be the way to go.....just not sure which ones.  Any hep would be greatly appreciated!

Brad

What scale are we talking about here?

• 3 weeks later...

Pardon my Eagle ignorance but isn't the E model and later marks have thicker wheels and brakes than the C/D 's? That's why they have the bulged MLG doors on the newer two holers.

On 6/11/2021 at 6:50 AM, boom175 said:

Pardon my Eagle ignorance but isn't the E model and later marks have thicker wheels and brakes than the C/D 's? That's why they have the bulged MLG doors on the newer two holers.

Yes.  The Strike is going through a new "Suite" upgrade.  New wheels, tires, radar, 229 style ECS scoops on the CFT's, "tinted" windscreens, and more.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2021 at 5:32 AM, BoeingDriver said:

Yes.  The Strike is going through a new "Suite" upgrade.  New wheels, tires, radar, 229 style ECS scoops on the CFT's, "tinted" windscreens, and more.

Interesting, I'll follow with interest if it warrants an upgrade set.

In the meantime the F-15EX conversion set for the 1/48 GWH F-15E/I has been released by BAM Models, check it out! 🙂

7 hours ago, arnobiz said:

Interesting, I'll follow with interest if it warrants an upgrade set.

In the meantime the F-15EX conversion set for the 1/48 GWH F-15E/I has been released by BAM Models, check it out! 🙂

Just ordered the entire set for the EX and I’m really looking forward to working with it

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 7:13 PM, ORANGF15Guy said:

Just ordered the entire set for the EX and I’m really looking forward to working with it

Hey Guys,

just received my EX conversion from BAM Models and I have to tell you it’s one of the best sets I’ve seen in a long time.  Going to make a great looking F-15EX!  I will be doing a build for Kingsley Field with their fin flash since they will be the first unit receiving the new jets!  I will be using the GWH F-15E as my base and the only thing I will need, I think, are new wheels!  Will be working with some people on the ground at Kingsley for the tail number and any other questions that pop up!

should be a fun build!

2 hours ago, ORANGF15Guy said:

Hey Guys,

just received my EX conversion from BAM Models and I have to tell you it’s one of the best sets I’ve seen in a long time.  Going to make a great looking F-15EX!  I will be doing a build for Kingsley Field with their fin flash since they will be the first unit receiving the new jets!  I will be using the GWH F-15E as my base and the only thing I will need, I think, are new wheels!  Will be working with some people on the ground at Kingsley for the tail number and any other questions that pop up!

should be a fun build!

I'm waiting on mine too. I'm in the middle of an SG, but not to the point where I couldn't change my mind. I wanted to do one in FANG markings, but they are going to be getting F-35s, so I thought CA ANG might be an option also. Cant wait to see the sets.

24 minutes ago, Falcon053 said:

I'm waiting on mine too. I'm in the middle of an SG, but not to the point where I couldn't change my mind. I wanted to do one in FANG markings, but they are going to be getting F-35s, so I thought CA ANG might be an option also. Cant wait to see the sets.

I’m very impressed with the level of detail in the set!  

2 hours ago, Falcon053 said:

Really great work. My order just arrived also, yep, might just have to switch gears and do an EX.

The detail from these 3-D printers is awesome.  I just test fitted the IP comings and they fit very well!  And I test fitted the GE nozzles and they are dead on…..perfect fit!  I will be traveling for work next week, but I’m going to move this project to the front burner.  The only thing I’m going to have to come up with are a bunch of AIM-120’s!

Thanks guys for the feedback, very much appreciated.

The only thing you need to be aware of at an early stage of the build is that the front IP does not assemble like the kit IP: if I had done this the front coaming would have come much too aft, which is not the way it is (I suspect the kit coaming is too long). So you should fill in the two front IP slots in the cockpit tub and mount the front IP directly against the tub front edge. There is normally no way it assembles differently but it might help to know in advance 😉

Also, the HUD structure is designed to be fitted as late as possible in the build (basically when everything else is done) - to prevent any damage to this very fine part. It can be painted separately and fitted just before you place the canopy 😎

Arnaud

Well the wheels are actually different from what is in the kit (any kit). The deception came from the fact that ALL F-15s have received new wheels, not just the EX 🙂

Not to worry, this being identified we just released the new wheels in 1/48 😉

https://bam-models.com/product/1-48-modern-f-15e-ex-qa-sa-wheels/

51330943837_302d68b315_b.jpg

51332671915_e952b82b0f_b.jpg