Modified 1/48 Revell/ Fine molds xwing

52 minutes ago, PFlint said:

It's looking good so far.

Please keep up the good work!

Thank  you, and I am sorry for note putting  info on what has and is being  done to the kit, as I am new to this forum  stuff and could not figure  were to type in the info!

Just now, Sifidream1 said:

Thank  you, and I am sorry for note putting  info on what has and is being  done to the kit, as I am new to this forum  stuff and could not figure  were to type in the info!

For the kit ,I cut the back of the cockpit  bulkhead  off and cut out the computer.  Then I put a couple  of pieces  of sheet styrene  under the computer  to build up its height.And then built a new rear bulkhead out off styrene. I cut 2 cubby holes into both sides of the cockpit, and around  the openings I put .11×.022''  (0.28×0.56mm)styrene  strips ,then I put sheet styrene  for the back of the cubby holes . I used photo etched xwing cockpit detail kit from Para Grafix and painted the back side of each panel where the lights  were  supposed  to shine through different  colors as to represent colored instruments lights. I didn't  light up this kit as I am going to light up my Bandi xwing .I used soldering wire for the hoses in the back of the cockpit  as they are easier  to bend . And I shave off the detail  on top of the front  console and painted  on the black detailing and added  greeblies. 

The engines I wanted  to make 3 dimensional,  so I cut away at the engine  floor but stop just before the engines .I then filed  away the rest of the floor from the bottom. I then used 7/16'' (11.1mm) tube a cut in longitudinally and cut to 1 inch for length and glued it towards the front of the engine to make the bottom half  of the engine. And behind the 7/16'' tube I put a strip of  .02×.100'' (0.5×2.5mm) and guled  that on edge on the back bottom half of the engine. For fuel  line and electrical  conduits  I use styrene  rods of various  sizes .I used  styrene half round  and strips and greeblies for the fuel  lines and conduits to die into!

The pilot is 3d printed fromFalcon3d , but his detail was so small. So I made all his belts and straps  out of tape and even his the front part of his vest is tape. Which work out great because  the edges  are raised  and gives it a more realistic  look! But my painting on him is not so great!

I know some people  like using a airbrush for smoke or soot, but I like using Tamiya weathering powders. It helps to dip your brush into water and then the powder,  to make darker areas . And it helps it adhere  to the model. 

Thank you for that comment. As for subjects I also have a old testors  kit ( mig 37 ferret )a what if the Russian  made a stealth figther in  1 /48, it has a scratch  built ejection seat and  cockpit as you could  not fit a kit pilot in the cockpit. I added  to the nose which gave it a more Russian  figther appearance and working on other mods !