CD48217 - 1/48 F-4N Phantom II

The 'special' tail art on the starboard side of 152230 SH36 when with VMFAT-101 at Topgun 1979 perhaps? That's definitely a one-off! I couldn't find an online picture but there's a couple of nice shots of this aircraft in the ADPS009 USMC F-4 special from AirDOC.

Can I hope to see a black tail VMFA-314 jet? I don't remember this scheme has ever been released:

p556707021-4.jpg

For the USN, post-war VF-51, VF-154 and the Reserve squadrons maybe? VF-51 seem to have had a few early F-4Ns without the AN/ALQ-126 antennae fitted so would suit the Tamiya F-4B with only a few changes, even then I think a fair few of us could find the necessary parts from the spares box to do the full installation. 🙂

17 minutes ago, KursadA said:

Only line jets on this sheet, no “peacocks”.

While the VF-202 “Peacock” is cool, I think the story behind these VF-202 jets are much cooler. F-4N’s with Eagle “kills”!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theaviationgeekclub.com/that-time-us-navy-f-4s-scored-plenty-of-kills-against-then-brand-new-usaf-f-15s-in-mock-air-combat

3 hours ago, skyhawk524 said:

While the VF-202 “Peacock” is cool, I think the story behind these VF-202 jets are much cooler. F-4N’s with Eagle “kills”!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theaviationgeekclub.com/that-time-us-navy-f-4s-scored-plenty-of-kills-against-then-brand-new-usaf-f-15s-in-mock-air-combat

Oh this is a must !!!   IIRC Bill Spidle is/was a member here.

I'm all in for a NAS Dallas VF-201 / VF-202 sheet !!!

On 5/29/2021 at 8:20 PM, The Arrowhead said:

Late VF-51 markings would be great ! Soooo classy.

49535615656_3658aa3282_z.jpg

I will put in a vote for late VF-51 - CVW-15 would be great also. That's one of my favorite schemes from my youth. I had a copy of Wings magazine that did a photo shoot at El Toro and Mirimar that I kept for years.

Definitely some great ideas here - I had a selection of units for the sheet but your suggestions helped me settle on a better one. I should be able to finish the initial design later this week along with the SIOP FB-111A.

On 5/31/2021 at 9:04 AM, KursadA said:

Only line jets on this sheet, no “peacocks”.

I've never heard it put that way, but it is perfect.  I always prefer line machines to gaudy ships the boss flies.  

• 1 month later...

This one is coming next month - too busy with preorders to draw profiles for it yet, so I will leave it to you to figure out what's on it 🙂 

Coming also in 1/72 before the end of the year - the 1/72 version will have one or two more additional options.

cd48217.jpg  cd48217b.jpg

cd48217c.jpg

Edited by KursadA
On 5/31/2021 at 7:30 AM, hemspilot said:

Let's not forget the Texas NAVY, VF-202 CAG bird....

Vf-202

6F29F756-F2CF-4D41-94C7-1A7527BCCAEB.jpeg

Pretty sure I know who made that model.......................... But I also like this new sheet.

Edited by phantom
14 minutes ago, The Arrowhead said:

Glad you picked up the -51 and -321 schemes, Kursad!

No crew names on the -21 and -51 canopy rails?

Sorry, I could not find any references for crew names. It is already being printed, so what you see is what you will get ..

Edited by KursadA
18 hours ago, KursadA said:

This one is coming next month - too busy with preorders to draw profiles for it yet, so I will leave it to you to figure out what's on it 🙂 

I just used the Google machine to find the aircraft on the sheet. Great choices! I absolutely love the overall grey schemes. I'll be eager to pick up your 1/72 offering when it's available. Thanks!

• 1 month later...