CD48217 - 1/48 F-4N Phantom II

I honestly had to google to get some decent refenrence pics to compare with. 

I would say FS36375, alternatively FS36320, not FS36257 as the latter would be too dark. Specially when compared with photos with FS36440 undersides. 
Funny thing, VMFA-321 with high-viz markings appear to be in FS36440, while the "white" markings appear to be on a base of FS36375. 
This photo I believe support my view; 
cb203842cd2dfb1709a404871fbfdab1.jpg (1600×1069) (pinimg.com)

Edited by Niels
1 hour ago, KursadA said:

Folks, on the instruction sheet; I gave the color for the overall gray jets as FS36440 - but someone else suggested these could have been painted in FS35237. Any thoughts?

Doubt its 327, that is the upper colour on a CF-18 Hornet. Far to dark. My ***guess*** more of a 320. Could be the even lighter 375.

Edited by phantom

This is where I don't get too pedantic about grey aircraft paint. On LGG/White airframes, I will most likely uss LGG/White. But on USN & USMC TPS and tactical grey jets, I just sort through my all my shades of grey and pick the closest one after looking at as many photos of the jet in as many different lighting situations, and leave it at that. K/r, Dutch 

Edited by Dutch

If you compare the light grey (with white markings) to other grey aircraft in the same picture it is quite obvious that the colour is lighter than FS16473 but not too far away (although not similar to) FS36375. I would paint it FS36440 any day, but I would be sure to pick one of the versions that is more blueish than brownish.

Btw, I have compared it to an F-106, an F-15 and a TPS A-4.

Jens