Eduard 1/48 Bf109 G-6 late

OOPS!  Moderators, please delete!  Posted in wrong area!!!!

All,

I'm currently working on the Eduard 1/48 Bf109 G-6 late airplane, and it's going slowly, primarily because I'm concerned about the painting method.  For those of you who are not familiar with these kits, the exhausts are inserted from the inside of the fuselage before gluing the fuselage halves together.  In addition, you can choose to use photo etch parts that go over the tops of the exhausts, and on the left side exhausts, that PE part actually folds over, makes  90 degree bend and covers both the top of the exhausts and most of the sides.  I have a very difficult time in trying to figure out how to paint certain configurations of plastic, once parts have been glued together.  In this case, it would be particularly difficult, due not only to the exhausts going on before gluing the fuselage halves together, but immediately below the exhaust pipes, for the paint scheme i have chosen, the pain transitions from the main color, light blue, to yellow.  I could not figure out how I could possibly assemble all these parts, and then paint them afterwards.  So, I ended up painting everything separately, and then putting them together.  It came out great, but it's a lot of work to do piecemeal.  Wondering if anyone has been able to do it the other way, assemble, then paint.  It sure would be easier!  I can post pictures if it would help explain my points.

Edited by Curt B
  • 1 month later...

In case anyone is interested in photos of the situation I was describing, I have posted the completed plane (along with another 109) in the Critique section of the forums, here:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/317958-a-few-bf109s/&tab=comments#comment-3051818

It's the plane with the yellow engine under cowl.

Edited by Curt B