Italeri 1/72 CH-53E release date?

Anyone know when the Revised 1/72 Italeri CH-53E is supposed to be released?  Assuming it's this year but haven't heard the date or what the 'new parts' are going to be.  Hoping it's sooner than later.....

10 hours ago, Glynn Jacobs said:

Hmm...I haven't heard about that yet!  I hope they add the sponsor-mounted E.C.M. gear and the weapons stations though!

WARDOG

My guess would be they don´t. It´s a re-issue of the "old" kit (which is still good if I remember correctly).

HAJO

4 hours ago, Hajo L. said:

My guess would be they don´t. It´s a re-issue of the "old" kit (which is still good if I remember correctly).

HAJO

According to Scalemates, it says "Updated / New Parts". If memory serves me correctly, the CH-53E kit had the main rotor going the wrong direction and it was fixed on the MH-53E kit. Perhaps they'll include the correct rotor parts, as well as other air frame details based on the image they've chosen for the announcement.

Man,

I don't know how I missed this announcement since I check this site just about every day!

Anyway, Dave, I had completely forgotten about the main rotor being backwards on their CH-53.  If I can't engineer a correction for the rotor myself, I'll just buy a corrected one (and the additional new parts!) from Italeri when they come out.

Take Care,

WARDOG

• 1 year later...

D0xz9C5.jpg.8bd95ca0e2c275e230f08257ac33e982.jpg

Vd17lQD.jpg

W3vx1jK.jpg

seqJHjS.jpg

Here is my Revell 1/72 version, kit decals and all.  Didn't know the rotors were reversed, so I suppose my folded rotors are reversed.  😃

Edited by AD-4N
On 6/10/2022 at 10:03 PM, AD-4N said:

Didn't know the rotors were reversed, so I suppose my folded rotors are reversed.  😃

They're not...

DN-ST-90-05667.jpeg

(Replaced 'broken' link)

Edited by andyf117

On 6/10/2022 at 5:47 PM, andyf117 said:

They're not...

DN-ST-90-05667.jpeg

Hmmmmmm???  Maybe I looked at a photo or something.  

Edited by AD-4N
clarity
  • 1 year later...

Something always struck me as odd when looking at an Italeri CH/MH-53E now I can clearly see what it is, it looks like an SUV on a too tall landing gear.

It seems to me as there is too much ground clearance below the belly, that falsifies the ramp angle as well as what the external tanks appear to be like dirigibles.

That is not to detract from a brilliant execution of your build including your correctly folded rotor.

Since the updated Italeri kit apprears to be vaporware, it should would be great is a someone would bring out an update set for a modern version.  I know I would buy one even though I've almost scratch built a FLIR pod and bracket for the one I have.  

Edited by fasteagle12
1 hour ago, fasteagle12 said:

Since the updated Italeri kit apprears to be vaporware, it should would be great is a someone would bring out an update set for a modern version.  I know I would buy one even though I've almost scratch built an FLIR pod and bracket for the one I have.  

A new tool CH-53E in 1/72, that would make too much sense 

On 12/23/2023 at 1:44 PM, fasteagle12 said:

Since the updated Italeri kit apprears to be vaporware, it should would be great is a someone would bring out an update set for a modern version.  I know I would buy one even though I've almost scratch built an FLIR pod and bracket for the one I have.  

With the 3D printing abilities today, this seems like a clean kill. And the kit is still relatively available. Just have to find an artist to create the masters.