And now Special Hobbies is releasing a 1/48th scale AH-1G

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully they will release it with the 9th Cav markings like one of the 1/72 versions. It would go good with the OH-6A I am building at the moment. Now if I could just find some of those markings for a UH-1D, and I could get a nice theme going.

Brandon

• 6 months later...

I'm surprised that this future kit release is not generating more talk.    I know I've been wanting a quarter scale AH-1G forever and I've seen where many others have as well.   I know I plan on buying several when it is released.   Maybe Mr. Werner or Kursad over at Caracal can design up some new decals for this kit.

Another look over at Aeroscale.net.   https://aeroscale.net/news/quarterscale-ah-1g-q-cobra-on-finals

Edited by Drifterdon
16 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Working on decals for 1/32nd scale right now that can be scaled down to 1/48th with little effort.

Floyd

NIce.   Do you know if anyone picked up Joseph Osborne's Fireball Modelworks helo decal line after he decided to focus on cars/trucks?  He had some really nice Cobra markings in 1/32.

On 12/26/2021 at 2:02 AM, Drifterdon said:

NIce.   Do you know if anyone picked up Joseph Osborne's Fireball Modelworks helo decal line after he decided to focus on cars/trucks?  He had some really nice Cobra markings in 1/32.

No he did not pass those onto me.  I'm hoping he sends me the rest of the stuff for the AH-1G, and AH-1S and AH-1J.  I plan on including some of his subjects on my sheet because I think they will look better silk screened.  Count on Cindy Ann and Sounds of Silence.  

Floyd