taping over a decal strip advice

i need to  airbrush a small area right adjacent to a white line decal marking . Can i mask the strip with tamiya tape and will it damage the strip upon removal  of the tape? 

I avoid masking over decals at all costs. Keep in mind that an application of your clear varnish of choice, it's very, very thin and liable to lift off with the decal. Proceed with great caution!

we do not have Alclad products in thailand  while parafilm m is readily available . What would be the equivalent of the alclad product by Tamiya or Mr Color ? This is a 600 USD MFH Porsche 956 and i dont want to screw it up .

• 1 month later...

This may be a little late but a strip of wet newspaper worked for me. Do not put anything with adhesive on it over decals, no matter what they are sealed with. Also, do not build up the paint along the masked line and remove the paper while the paint is still wet.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the medical tape for sensitive areas when I mask over decals, when pulling the tape off, pull it back over itself slowly and closely, haven't pulled a decal off yet.