Anyone else going?  It will be a short trip for me, just Saturday and Sunday.  Looking forward to seeing Doc, Fagen's F6F and the Goodyear Blimp.

Some Featured:
- USAF F-16 Fighting Falcon Demo
- USAF Heritage Flight F-16, F-22
- US Navy EA-18G Growler Mini-Demo
- US Navy Legacy Flight
- Doc's Friends, Inc. - B-29 Superfortress "Doc"
- Fagan Fighters - F6F Hellcat
- Warbird Heritage Foundation - A-1 Skyraider, A-4 Skyhawk, F-86 Sabre and T-2 Buckeye
- Tora! Tora! Tora!

-Orbis MD-10

- Samaritan’s Purse Douglas DC-8

-AC-130J Ghostrider

-MC-130J Commando II

-EC-130J Commando Solo

-CV-22 Osprey

-U-28A Draco

-C-145A Combat Coyote

-C-146A Wolfhound

-MQ-9 Reaper

-MC-12W Liberty

A buddy and I are hoping to make the trek up from NE Florida. 

Well out of the question this year. I need back surgery sometime towards the end of the month. Maybe next year.

Edited by jpk
On 6/8/2021 at 8:28 AM, echolmberg said:

Green Bay here (about 45 minutes north of Oshkosh).  Yup!  I'll be there along with my daughter who wants to go for the very first time.  Kids 18 and under get in for free!

It will be my GF first time too, hence the short trip. 

4 hours ago, eraucubsfan said:

It will be my GF first time too, hence the short trip. 

I'll bet she'll love it!  Every year that I've gone, it's always been unbelievably sunny.  Tell her to slather on the sun screen, bring a big hat and be sure to stay hydrated!

I just hope it doesn't get cancelled at the last moment.  It was with disbelief when I heard a few days ago about an upcoming airshow in the Milwaukee area that was just cancelled "due to several factors".  Not 100% sure what those factors are, but I am hoping the same fate does not befall the EAA airshow this year.

13 hours ago, echolmberg said:

Tell her to slather on the sun screen, bring a big hat and be sure to stay hydrated!

And comfortable shoes 👍

15 hours ago, echolmberg said:

I'll bet she'll love it!  Every year that I've gone, it's always been unbelievably sunny.  Tell her to slather on the sun screen, bring a big hat and be sure to stay hydrated!

I just hope it doesn't get cancelled at the last moment.  It was with disbelief when I heard a few days ago about an upcoming airshow in the Milwaukee area that was just cancelled "due to several factors".  Not 100% sure what those factors are, but I am hoping the same fate does not befall the EAA airshow this year.

I think they are too far along to cancel at this point.   My only concern is the weather.  With only going for 2 days, really 1, I am worried more about rain.  

18 hours ago, eraucubsfan said:

I think they are too far along to cancel at this point.   My only concern is the weather.  With only going for 2 days, really 1, I am worried more about rain.  

Well if the drought in Wisconsin keeps up you won’t have to worry about that. I’m on the opposite side of the state from Oshkosh but its pretty dry here. 

• 2 weeks later...

Listened to the "Green Dot" pod cast about Oshkosh, some highlights they hinted and talked about 

Expanded Warbird's show for Friday and Saturday, going to tell story of WWII, starting with AVG, Eagle Squadron, then onto TORA TORA TORA, Doolittle.  Going to have Steve Hinton fly Fagen's P-38 "demo" for the Yamamoto shoot down, all the way to the surrender (my guess will be DOC and the wall of fire) 

Spotlight on humanitarian aircraft, some I listed above and now a C-17 and UPS 747-8F

AFSOC will take over the airport on Thursday for a full "demo" and a smaller "demo" before Saturday's night airshow with the CV-22's.  They also hinted at a possible Spooky Heritage Flight with AC-47 and AC-130. 

They keep mentioning Desert Storm 30 years, but nothing confirmed yet, my guess is we'll see a contingent of the normal military aircraft.  They are supposed to have a Desert Storm night at Theater in the Woods.  

The Goodyear Blimp will fly one night (twilight) and my guess part of the night airshows.  

Edited by eraucubsfan

Announced military aircraft 

“Among the aircraft you can expect to see in the air or on the ground this July:

• A-10s performing close air support demonstrations during air show
  • F-16 Viper Demo Team performing during air show
  • Desert Storm 30th anniversary aircraft (F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle, F-16; Apache, Blackhawk, and Chinook helicopters) on static display
  • F/A-18E/F Super Hornets and E/A-18G Growlers on static display and performing in the Navy Legacy Flight
  • C-17 on static display
  • KC-135 on static display
  • Lockheed U-2 to perform flyover
  • Luftwaffe A400M on static display”

I'm thinking of making my first ever trip to Oshkosh (no idea how I have never been), but that AFSOC stuff along with everything else looks amazing.  Probably a Saturday/Sunday trip for me too!  Maybe I'll sleep in my truck?  Anyhow, looks amazing! (BTW, at the Topeka airshow this past weekend, at one time they had a Gunship Heritage flight listed, then taken down.  On Friday they had an AC-130J & AC-47 do their formation flyover, then the AC-130J left and never returned...practice for the future, maybe?  They also had a AC-130W on static, but that was not the Gunship that took part of the formation flyover.)

David

7 hours ago, bashace said:

Would love to go, there just isn't anywhere to stay within an hour and a half drive from the event!

I'm kind of surprised by that.  Even in Green Bay, Sheboygan or Fon du Lac there are no rooms available?

Edited by echolmberg
  • 2 weeks later...

Will be there with my father for our annual (well, save last year's canceled week) trip.  We always plan to hit the Saturday at the end of the week, and stay for the night airshow.

On 7/13/2021 at 7:37 AM, eraucubsfan said:

This maybe  the coolest heritage flight yet

AN4FEfXl.jpg

Also it maybe a good sign that the first warbird is a Sea Fury...

DTLQwd5l.jpg

Would have been cooler if they tightened it up a bit, it was hard to get both in the same camera frame.  The Sea Fury was beautiful but sadly only flew during the 75+1 flight. 

Here are a some pics from the show from Saturday. Unfortunately due to smoke from wildfires and weather Saturday's Warbird show was not as "grand" as it could have been.   The rest of the show was great, the night airshow was awesome as always, followed by some of the best fireworks you'll ever see.  AFSOCs demo at twlight was neat to see, along with Rhino Demo team doing afterburner passes.

These are all taken with my phone

IVewOjSm.jpgvlj3aPpm.jpgJfKN2iom.jpg

BhzCEXBm.jpgVvSRdHTm.jpggJOq3ZHm.jpg

H6Dz4RFm.jpgTgKd9Pqm.jpgoHYtgg9m.jpgn7uZwF2m.jpg

xkHmGQOm.jpgYg77ORkm.jpg62ES1a9m.jpg

pjIii1Fm.jpggGSpd2Em.jpgLKSOdt2m.jpg

cx0blV1m.jpgarj2qnzm.jpgU14rvURm.jpgYok1mCQm.jpg

E95i7ZCm.jpgJlGEiICm.jpg

Edited by eraucubsfan