New and upcoming projects from Muroc Models

Muroc Models continues to to come out with new kits without telling anyone about them.  That way I can spend more time working on new projects and less time casting old projects.  The latest kit is a 1/144th NC-4/NC-3, first aircraft to sucessfully complete a flight between North America and Europe.  I am nearly done with a 1/144th Fokker T-2.

I continue to work on a couple of 1/72 projects related to the B-24 and the YB-49.  When I complete the T-2, I can start some 1/48th projects.

You can follow these projects on the "Muroc Models" Facebook page.

David

Muroc Models

IMG_3101a.jpg

IMG_3104a.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,
The T-2 was used by the United States Army Air Service in the first non-stop Coast to coast flight across America. The flight occurred in 1923, from New York to San Diego. The Army converted a Fokker F. IV airliner into the T-2 to carry out long distance flights. Additional fuel tanks and a second pilot’s station were added. The Liberty engine was offset to the right, as the open cockpit was just to the left of the engine. The T-2 is part of the Smithsonian collection. The Smithsonian NASM site has panoramic views of cockpit and of the cabin.

This is the test build of the new 1/144th resin T-2 by Muroc Models (me). The fuselage was cast in clear resin to handle the side windows and windscreen. It was painted with Mr. Color paints, khaki for the fuselage and a mix of yellow and tan to represent the varnished plywood of the wings. I should have used less yellow. I left off the rigging of the landing gear and control cables.  Muroc Models can be found on Facebook.  Price is $27 plus postage costs.

A good (and free) reference on the T-2; “First Nonstop Coast-to-Coast Flight and the Historic T-2 Airplane”, Casey, Louis S. (1964); can be found here-
https://repository.si.edu/handle/10088/18670

Have a Happy Fourth!
David
Muroc Models

IMGP7181a.jpg

IMGP7250a.jpg

IMGP7210b.jpg

Great work, David.:thumbsup:

I'm glad to see that you're still enjoying the hobby and building these fascinating models.

I own a couple of your awesome small nose Crusader conversion sets and I plan to work on an F-8D over the next couple of weeks.

Cheers, Stefan.