Eduard Landing Flaps for P-38

Hey All,

I just got the Eduard Brassin P-38F/G Landing Flaps for Tamiya kit (648520).  Of course, it's clear that these will fit the p-38F/G kit, but wondering if anyone knows if the wings are the same on the Tamiya P-38H kit, and whether I can use these flaps on that kit as well.  I'm really confident that they can be used on the H, just wanting some verification that those flaps will fit on it, in case I'd like to use them on that airplane.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, seawinder said:

If you check the instructions for the two kits at Scalemates, you'll see that the main wing parts numbers are exactly the same, which to me says it's the same plastic.

I should have thought of that...thanks for pointing out the obvious! 

On 6/18/2021 at 7:45 PM, Falconxlvi said:

Howdy Curt!

You are going to love this set!  I haven’t installed it yet but I built these up last summer.   Here’s a few photos of my build up.  

Steve

Hey Steve...sorry I missed your post until now.  Wow, those flaps DO look fantastic!  I have always loved the idea of doing dropped/deployed flaps on aircraft, but the photo etch parts are always scary to me.  I was just looking at the Eduard flaps for the 1/48 Airfix P-40B that I have, and those flaps just look terrifying to complete!  The way you show these, though, they don't look too terribly bad...I hope they assemble as nicely as you were able to do on your set!

• 1 year later...

@falconxlvi:  Hey Steve, you posted a reply to this thread over a year ago, now, but I'm getting ready to possibly do my flap set.  I'd forgotten to ask you, back then, about what you used to assemble the photo etch part of the flaps?  Did you use super glue, or solder, or maybe something else?  Looks too clean to be soldered, but super glue is always tough to use on the razor edge of the photo etch.  Just curious how you put them together...IF you can remember! LOL  I can't remember what I ate last night, much less remembering details about how I built a model a year ago!! 🙄

Also, did you ever use this flap set on a P-38 build?  I'm thinking of using my flaps on P-38F 'Texas Terror'.  

Also, I just noted that Eduard has come out with an interior set for the Tamiya 1/48 P-38J.  As much as I've wanted to do the NMF P-38J (Marge, Putt Putt **** or Robin Olds' Scat II with invasion stripes), I've never been any good at cockpit panels done with decals, especially now with the Eduard Space, Quinta or Red Fox panels being available for most of the polar airplanes.  Now that some sets are out, time to get to work on a "J"!!!