A wire cutter to cut metal pins cleanly..?

I am looking for a hobby wire cutter that will cut a straight, metal "pin" or sewing needle cleanly. The cutter that I am using now leaves a pointed "tip"  on the pin and not a flat/flush cut.

A "flush cut" wire cutter for cutting metal pins is what I am looking for. Is there any such tool?

Thanks.
Scott
CNJC-IPMS

Given the hardness of wire the pins are made of, probably not something in the consumer market.

There are flush cutting pliers for model railroad track's metal rails, and they might seem to be an idea, but the wire those pins are made of, and music wire especially, will dent the cutting edge of the rail cutting pliers, a thing I know from experience.

--> if a retailer might have something suitable, I expect it might be Micro Mark, they might even have something for cutting nails/pins for wooden ship models.

Hmmmm...

That tool looks like it would do the job. I will have to look into that.

I have contacted Xuron to see what they suggest...probably the same 2193F cutter.

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

I would think that a guitar fret cutter would work, though, as mentioned above, the hardness of the metal pin that you mention could damage the tool straight off.  

Perhaps this dental with tungsten carbide blades would work?

https://surtex-instruments.com/product/flush-cut-hold-distal-end-cutter/

7 hours ago, dogsbody said:

I don't think there is anything that will cut a piece of wire straight across. You will still need to file it off square, if that is what you want.

Chris

This. Any type of cutting pliers will leave a jagged or pointed tip. Your best choice is a cut-off disk in a Dremel type arrangement. Even then you will need to use a file to remove any burrs.

Bob

On 6/13/2021 at 7:49 PM, kozlok said:

Cool thanks for the link. Looks like a smaller brother to the ones we used for electrical work to cut huge cables. Those cut clean across.
As for the pins I would think you would have to try it to see the results.