F-16, CFT and Spine question

This is purely random but I am putting out there to see if anyone has any info regarding F-16's, CFT's, and the avionic spines.  Looking over some images, I see that there are single seat F-16's with CFT's installed.  Yet has anyone seen any single seat F-16's with the avionics spine or is that strictly a 2 seater option?

Like I said, random question that got me thinking after reading The Scale Viper again.

2 hours ago, ulvdemon said:

This is purely random but I am putting out there to see if anyone has any info regarding F-16's, CFT's, and the avionic spines.  Looking over some images, I see that there are single seat F-16's with CFT's installed.  Yet has anyone seen any single seat F-16's with the avionics spine or is that strictly a 2 seater option?

Like I said, random question that got me thinking after reading The Scale Viper again.

F-16 AFTI had a spine extension that started around IFR door area and extended itself all the way to the tail

F-16E from UAE has a fat tail base

F-16Vgina will probably have something something bumpy in an artistic manner concept that will probably never see the light ala F-15 Silent Eagle

For all I know from my experience of watching people flying F-16s in flight sims, no single seat F-16 ever used the long avionic spine, it's probably a 2 seat option only and be aware that there are around 4 variations of it:

One should be EU users with chute extension -> Polish F-16D 52+ and Greek F-16D some have what I think are RWR/plume detector receivers similars to the ones used on Argentinian A-4s, some others do not have those RWR or plume pods

IDF F-16 also had two sets of spines one with extension I think earlier ones, then latter variants do not come with chute extension, differences are mostly inside but you can easily spot what they have installed or what they not.

UAE F-16s should also have country specific hardware, also some CFT have an IFR probe that pops from the right tank

Other export versions are probably filled with chaff/flare launchers and maybe ECM devices but I never researched them

Luigi

Like Gigi said, the F-16 AFTI is (was) the only single seat variant (based on the A with the P&W engine) to sport an enlarged spine fairing. The fairing is not as tall or wide as the ones in the two seaters.

The Block 60 F-16C for the UAE (also known as F-16E) has a larger fin base than the baseline F-16C, but that's it.

To note that also the VISTA (Variable Inflight STAbility Laboratory) has an enlarged spine and unique to the F-16Ds has the large mouth intake with the P&W engine.

18 minutes ago, hemspilot said:

To note that also the VISTA (Variable Inflight STAbility Laboratory) has an enlarged spine and unique to the F-16Ds has the large mouth intake with the P&W engine.

VISTA also flew with a GE engine and, as the VISTA/MATV, a thrust vectoring version of the GE F110-100 called AVEN (Asymmetric Vectoring Exhaust Nozzle.

Originally the spine was introduced on Israeli F-16D's and later I's too. Then LM saw the benefit of adding this to all new-build F-16D's as it allows increased room for electronic gear etc. 

But it is only found on the dual seater F-16's, not on any single seater beyond a test aircraft in the 70's. 

Conformal fuel tanks can be installed on all block 50/52 produced from late 90's and forwards. 

Not all spines are the same. Each FMS customer specs the “contents” of the spine. Check references for various vents, scoops, number and location of chaff/flare dispensers etc. 

After posting, this I looked over my reference book and saw that where it is stated the spine is on D model F-16's.  Honestly, I think it would look interesting to see a spine on a single seat F-16, but that's just me.