Why Doesnt Hasegawa Re-Release the 1/48 A-4B/C/K/KU/N?????

On 6/24/2021 at 6:22 PM, Kurt H. said:

The C was reissued briefly in 2019 ... it was blink and you miss it.  I did not realize it was over two years ago until I double checked. When Hobby Boss released their 1/48th A-4 I hoped we would have an alternative to Hasegawa's highly irregular release schedule. They have released the M, E, and F but no early skyhawk yet. 

I love Hasegawa, but the variants I want to build are always the hardest to find, so it is very frustrating sometimes. 

I blinked and missed it. Saw it and spruebrothers and the next time I checked it was gone.

On 6/21/2021 at 2:18 PM, scorvi said:

You can NOT use a resin nose conversion either since Hasegawa has two different fuselage halves for the E and B/C kits.  A few differences in length and details so you can just pop a C nose on an E   Unfortuantely

Steve,

I heard that there's a local aftermarket company in the province of Córdoba that caters everything needed in order to convert to an accurate Argentine A-4P/Q or C model out of the Hasegawa E/F kit.

Also heard that, in spite of the big money you would pay to get hold of the Falkland boxing of the Hasegawa kit, still everything which comes in the box to build the Argentine bird is completely wrong (decals and resin). 

Do you have an EMAIL to contact this company about purchasing this Conversion??

I contacted Condor Decals --I dont think they are in business since I received no reply.    ALSO I contacted this company:

http://www.aconcaguamodels.com/

I have not received ANY reply.  Are they still in business???   

Can ANYONE help out here I just want to order the Argentine A-4 resin Set

http://www.aconcaguamodels.com/prod/det_d_01.htm

and seems there arent anyone that responds to emails or direct link contacts on the site?>???/

Steve,

I have also Tried to contact AZTEC Decals for an order I placed and paid for and have received NO reply 

Does anyone know Aztec decals direct email so I can can get a confirmation my order was even received??  They did take my $$ via PAYPAL???

BTW- the email : info@aztecmodels.com     DOES NOT seem to work since  I have emailed them 3 times since June 20th & have NOT received ANY reply at all???????

Steve,

4 hours ago, scorvi said:

Do you have an EMAIL to contact this company about purchasing this Conversion??

Steve,

I've got an email which is personal to Mr Juan Carlos Heredia, owner of Aconcagua Resin Models, but you'll understand that I will first need to check with him if I can share it with you via PM.

Please, the way ARM handle personal emails and orders is by filling out this form here which is in the page.

Which one of the three (P, Q or C or the three of them) conversion sets available for the A-4 kits you should list under the section that reads "Caption" in this form.

I received stuff from ARM two months ago, so they're still in business.

I'm quite sure that Condor is no longer in business, yet some of their decal sheets can still be gotten hold of. Which ones are you after?

Aztek is indeed in business, but all of the resin they had to convert to the early Skyhawks have been long since OOP - Aztek do take PayPal, tho.

You can always contact Mr Eric Montoya at his commercial email emontoya@aztecmodels.com 

Aztec always ship on time; it's only the Mexican Post who're awfully delaying correspondence. There's a way to track packages in Mexico posted on the last page of Cruiz's Corsair build thread in the WIP section. Carlos Ruiz is from Mexico, so he ought to know.

Rest assured that your stuff from Aztec will reach you sooner or later. 

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Gwen

Gwen

Thank you.  I just sent two messages [different days] through the form on the website asking about the A-4C conversion FROM  Aconcagua Resin Models,   and How to order. 

I have NOT received any reply yet from his company?   IF you could pass along my email and he can contact me so I can order his set...That would be great

email:  scorvi@verizon.net

Steve,

Edited by scorvi
On 7/4/2021 at 11:02 AM, scorvi said:

IF you could pass along my email and he can contact me so I can order his set...That would be great

email:  scorvi@verizon.net

Steve,

I just passed your e-mail along to Juan Carlos. Still waiting permission from him to PM his personal e-mail to you.

Funny, he doesn't seem to have replied to my last e-mail either. 

Hmmm... no love on Facebook as of late. Strange. If not, I'll see if I can get hold of one set on the local version of eBay for you.

How about decals for your A-4C build?

Cheers,

Gwen  

Gwen

Thank you.  I just NEED the resin conversion.  I have a set of Aztec decals coming to me for the Argentine A-4C.  Let me know how you make out with finding a resin A-4C conversion for Argentine type....Antenna package!

Feel Free to email directly:  scorvi@verizon.net

Steve,

Hasegawa usually re release kits with new decals. A Argentinian A-4 might sound good to you but Hasegawa need it to sound good to 5,000 - 20,000+ people which it doesnt.

The only one that might gain a lot of interest is the IDF version but even then why when you can just do a Tomcat and rinse even more out of the buyers for the same outlay.

2 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Hasegawa usually re release kits with new decals. A Argentinian A-4 might sound good to you but Hasegawa need it to sound good to 5,000 - 20,000+ people which it doesnt.

The only one that might gain a lot of interest is the IDF version but even then why when you can just do a Tomcat and rinse even more out of the buyers for the same outlay.

I agree with you on principle but I'm not so sure a Hasegawa Tomcat re-release would sell that well at the era of Tamiya Tomcats 😉

6 minutes ago, arnobiz said:

I agree with you on principle but I'm not so sure a Hasegawa Tomcat re-release would sell that well at the era of Tamiya Tomcats 😉

No nor do I any more, that boat has sailed now, but how much have they rinsed out of buyers with a reboxing? Hasegawa re decal is new money for old rope but you have to be pretty sure you will get the money otherwise it will end up expensive...
I wouldnt buy that many A-4B Argentinian markings for resale because its market is so small and I would like to see my money back sometime soon.

Hasegawas 1:72 Tomcats sell all the time. There is one box with VF-111 on the box, i push it out for well less than £10, sells for £12 but it sells by the bucket load all the time because people buy and buy and buy, same goes for the Spitfires, Mustangs....
I dont model any of them but they sell and sell and sell.

Fully agree, Hasegawa's strategy to re-release old but good kits with new decals went very far with the 1/48 Tomcat, which worked because the kit was very good, the subject is super popular and the new decals were often Cartograf-printed and well researched. It was inevitable that the kit would be superseded at some point, it's actually surprising it did not happen sooner considering what a cash machine this must have been 🙂

On 7/7/2021 at 3:53 AM, HomeBe said:

Just as means of heads-up; the Hasegawa A-4M kit is not of any use if you want to convert to the early B or C versions by using resin correction sets, as the whole forward fuselage in the A-4M kit is of a bit squarish-shaped compared to the B or C.

Cat4 resin conversions are okay, but only if you're going to use the E version of the Hasegawa A-4 kits.

But still, if you're going to convert to any of the Argentine birds, I'm afraid Cat4 don't offer the particular bits present on those ones, i.e., VOR antennas, ADF hump, VLF Omega aerials, etc.

Now, if you're building the B(P/Q) or C birds using the Hasegawa kits, the resin Cat4 nose doors are a must.

On 7/7/2021 at 4:43 AM, ElectroSoldier said:

The decals in the Falkland release of the Hasegawa A-4 kit series couldn't be worse anyway. Hasegawa won't ever correct the awful shape of the anchors even when they agreed to releasing new decal options.

Besides, there're at least three choices for decals available if you want to build an Argentine bird which are by far much better than those released by Hasegawa, so more to the point in why Hasegawa won't bother to.  

On 7/6/2021 at 3:11 PM, scorvi said:

Thank you.  I just NEED the resin conversion. 

Steve,

Will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Gwen

On 7/9/2021 at 6:52 PM, Gwen Phoenix said:

Gwen 

Thanks  I have acquired a A-4E for the Argentine A-4C conversion.  I also have a Hasegawa A-4C but I need the bumps and antenna from the Conversion anyway so I would like to do a full C conversion for the Argentine A-4C. 

I also have a set of Decals from Aztec for the version I want.  I hope you can find a C conversion??

Steve,

Steve,

Will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Gwen

On 7/9/2021 at 11:03 PM, JeffreyK said:

Corrected that for you 😂

Jeffrey!

How are you doing? Meaning that the Japanese Post have resumed shipping your stuff to Buenos Aires back again? 

Of course I'd pick your nose doors over the Cat4 ones, but I just thought that they still couldn't be shipped down here.

Add those A-6 exhaust stacks to the deal.

Did the Japanese Post resume shipping normally? When? I will need them to ship my copy of the Hypersonic Models/GasPatch 1/48 SR-71 kit as well. 

Cheers,

On 7/11/2021 at 10:34 AM, scorvi said:

Gwen 

Thanks  I have acquired a A-4E for the Argentine A-4C conversion.  I also have a Hasegawa A-4C but I need the bumps and antenna from the Conversion anyway so I would like to do a full C conversion for the Argentine A-4C. 

I also have a set of Decals from Aztec for the version I want.  I hope you can find a C conversion??

Steve

Hi Steve,
Summing it up, then what you'd need is one full A-4C conversion set and a pair of VOR antennas, ADF hump + VHF aerial for the other A-4C kit? - As in, you're building two A-4C kits in Argentine Air Force service?
Depending on version, the Aconcagua Resin Models conversion sets for the A-4s are comprised of:
A pair of A-4P/Q/C intakes
A pair of A-4P/Q slat underside - don't recall whether the C is different, but I think they're the same as in the B? 
A pair of metal VOR antennas
One radome and ADF hump - depending on version (P/Q or C).
One Instrument panel P/Q or C
One VHF aerial

Remember that the Argentine Air Force A-4C birds had two hardpoints under each wing and a reinforcement over the wing running parallel to the outer hardpoint, as none of these are provided by the sets. But you're covered if you've got the A-4E kit. 
Same with the VLF Omega aerial, which depends on what specific aircraft you're building. Mind you, Argentine A-4s also had spoilers.

Still short of any sets; Mr Heredia has still not replied back yet. Let's keep our fingers tightly crossed.    
Will notice you if anything surfaces.
Cheers,

Gwen

Gwen,

I really just need a FULL A-4C conversion set for my A-4E.  I will build the other A-4C as something else--Maybe USN ??  YES...Keep me posted if I can get the set.

I already have the very nice Aztec decal sheet for Argentine A-4C.  

https://aztecmodels.com/products/d-063-war-for-the-falklands-malvinas-2 

Hope to get a set soon!

Steve,

Edited by scorvi
4 hours ago, Gwen Phoenix said:

Jeffrey!

How are you doing? Meaning that the Japanese Post have resumed shipping your stuff to Buenos Aires back again? 

Of course I'd pick your nose doors over the Cat4 ones, but I just thought that they still couldn't be shipped down here.

Add those A-6 exhaust stacks to the deal.

Did the Japanese Post resume shipping normally? When? I will need them to ship my copy of the Hypersonic Models/GasPatch 1/48 SR-71 kit as well. 

Cheers,

Hi Gwen,

shipping to Argentina is available, standard and recorded. Feel free to order from my web shop.

I do have a number of CAT4 sets myself btw, not meaning so slag off the company!

Well, it'll be still a while before the SR-71 will be ready - please stand by a while longer 🙂

Cheers,

Jeffrey

Gwen

I recently emailed

Can ANYONE help out here I just want to order the Argentine A-4 resin Set

http://www.aconcaguamodels.com/prod/det_d_01.htm

THERE has NOT been anyone that responds to emails or direct link contacts on the site?>???/

I would also like to buy one used if someone has one for Sale???  I am in the USA

Steve

7 hours ago, scorvi said:

I recently emailed

Steve, 

Sorry not to have replied sooner than today, but life is always getting in between. I infer ARM are still in business, indeed, but the pandemic is to be blamed on, I guess. Didn't get replies from Juan Carlos either.

I've managed to source a set for you via a Facebook modelling joint, but when I asked the user to post some pictures of the bits... it was *bogus*, to say the least. I think it might have been a home-made re-cast of the original set, and he asked for a lot of cash. No way, José.

I could ask my husband if he wants to part with one of his sets, but I seriously doubt he would.

If not, I think I'm going the other way round, but it's going to take some more time and more money than if bought directly from ARM - at least, rest assured that this one will be an original set. 

If I succeed, are you in for a trade? I'm looking for a 1/48th scale parapack tail for the Dutch F-16AM. Each one pays for shipping.

Will get back to you soon. 

Cheers,

Gwen

I often wonder the same thing, why doesn't Hasegawa re-release their XX kit. I remember the "white boxes", standard catalogue items generally being available on/off in my neck of the woods. Sure, they sometimes dissapeared for like a year or so, but now some older models seem to be gone. The last F/A-18A/C (with the F/A-18D re-released), the F-4J. So this seems like a selling strategy. The first batches of Delta Hornets started dissapearing pretty quickly, and that was with Kinetic kit available. Same could happen to a Skyhawk. If/when Hasegawa releases it.