What plane is on your wishlist?

As in, "What kit do you wish manufacturers would make?"

Apologies if this has been a topic before (probably has).

Mine is a Macchi 202 in 1/72 scale.

Aside from a Tamiya model in Japan (on ebay for $85) there are a couple Macchi 202 kits out there but they seem poorly made.

Edited by otterblue32
added explanation
1 hour ago, otterblue32 said:

Why that variant?

The RF-8 has not been done in 1/48 by any kit maker. Hasegawa brought out their F-8s and the hope was that they would release one with a recce fuselage, and they never did. So that’s a big hole in Navy subjects. 

Same with the F11F Tiger. 

1/32 Waco YMF-3/5 and UPF-7.  Gorgeous Golden-Age bipes.

And a 1/32 series of light civil airplanes; Cessna 152, 172, Piper Cherokees, etc. - the stuff you see flying around every day from your local airport, and the stuff that many of us have learned to fly in.

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

1/48 Vought RF-8A/G Crusader.

YES, YES, YES!!! :thumbsup:

Just as long as it's NOT by Hobby Boo-Boo. :pray:

I would rather a company that has a better track record at accuracy do it.

I'd like to see more American X-planes from WW2.  Lord knows we are inundated with kits of German planes that never made it off the drawing board.  Why can't we have some 1/48 scale injection molded kits of the McDonnell XP-67 Moonbat, the Lockheed L-133, the Northrop XP-79 or the Douglas XB-42 Mixmaster? 

The RF-8 is a really good pick!

Personally I'd like to see an injection molded T-39 Sabreliner in 1/48th scale. Also I'm eagerly awaiting that Kinetic Mirage F1 that was shown off a few years ago. Hopefully that wasn't scrapped, the Italeri and Kitty Hawk kits don't really do it for me.

1/48 Vought RF-8A/G Crusader 👍 +1

The early jet powered bombers are also an area of interest for me. The Douglas XB-43 Jetmaster, the Convair XB-46 and the Martin XB-48 prototypes, I would love to see these in 1/72 scale much like the Valom B-45 kits. An updated 1/72 B-47 Stratojet would be a 'must buy' for me too.

Edited by Ghostbase
English language
18 minutes ago, dylan said:

Having recently built the ICM CR.42 falco in 1/32, I would love an Mc 200,202,205 family in 1/32 scale

I think the 202 and 205 are truly beautiful looking planes.  I love the dk.green & brown camo pattern of some of the 202s - it looks like dk.green & gold.

From what I've read, the 205 was a highly regarded plane and rivalled the Mustang - yet was released only in minor numbers prior to Italy's capitulation, so it had little effect on the war.

1/32 TBD-1 Devastator.

Oh wait! Trumpeter's doing one!

Oh wait.. that was what-15, 20 years ago?

🙄

Edited by WymanV
no preview feature

I wish Hasegawa would start making some new tooled single engined types, not just redo their old ones all the freggin time. Also i wish they would have made a few more soviet types when they did their nice collection back in the 80`s & 90`s. Maybe something like what Airfix is doing now, refreshing their old line of kits, lol. That`s at least doing some justice to all their fans around the world.