What plane is on your wishlist?

On 6/14/2021 at 3:51 PM, niart17 said:

1/32 scale T-38. Kind of crazy that there never has been one in an injection molded kit, being the primary jet trainer for so long AND used by the Thunderbirds.

Yup.... my choice too! And 1/72nd scale too please 👍 Fred K.

An F-86A or early F-86E or a Canadair Sabre 2 or 6 with the appropriate fuselage vents, narrow chord slatted wings for the early E / 2 and the proper '6-3' wing minus the 12" extension of the F-86F-40 for the Mark 6.  Preferably by Tamiya or Hasegawa in 48th and 32nd scale.

And as Sean mentioned, a new CF-100 (Marks 3, 4 and 5) and a CT-114 Tutor, both in 48th scale and preferably by Tamiya or Hasagawa.

call me the odd ball here, BUT I'd just really like to be able to buy:

1. Lockheed Hudson MK.1 or Mk.IV in 1/48th scale

2. For HK to do a B24d in 1/48th and even 1/72 scale!!! If they did this, I'd not eat for a year

3. a good 1/32 scale Beech Stagger Wing

4. a 1/32 scale A37b

5. a 1/32 scale F51 (A36 etc.) Mustang

and lastly a 1/35 scale early Cobra gunship

gary

On 6/20/2021 at 4:04 PM, phantom said:

1/72 Argus without having to buy a ridiculous over priced donor kit and then even more expensive resin and decals.

Amen!  Shawn, I have the old Execuform Argus, with lots of bits and pieces to bring it up to speed, and am well over $200 into it.  But, I would be about $200 into it with the Mach2 Britannia and Transport Wings conversion. Plus landing gear.  Also, the Transport Wings Argus conversion had a very limited run, less than 50 sets I think. See Argus link here in the Props thread.   So I will just keep what I have for now.  K/r, Dutch

Edited by Dutch

1/32 Cessna T-37C (or, the A-37, I don't mind). I believe it is a kit that has been considerably delayed to be produced in 1/32 and I'm sure that it brings a lot of fond memories to those who have flown it (well, except from the noise!).

1/32 Late model F4U Corsairs, -4,-5, -7 and AU-1 and the F2G

I would love to see large scale Pitts Special, Christian Eagle and like @Joe Hegedus mentioned GA aircraft.  

Is this not one of the best looking aircraft?   Just because it doesn't carry weapons, does not make it any less "cool" 

J2I0wajl.jpg

25 minutes ago, eraucubsfan said:

Is this not one of the best looking aircraft?   Just because it doesn't carry weapons, does not make it any less "cool" 

I couldn't agree more.  That's a great looking plane.  Plus, I assume there's some variety in color choices, as opposed to military planes.

6 hours ago, eraucubsfan said:

1/32 Late model F4U Corsairs, -4,-5, -7 and AU-1 and the F2G

I would love to see large scale Pitts Special, Christian Eagle and like @Joe Hegedus mentioned GA aircraft.  

J2I0wajl.jpg

I get to see one fly three or four times a year out of a small airport near me. Really neat plane

gary

• 2 months later...

NOTE! I'll assume we're talking "mainstream manufacturer at a decent price". Some aircraft are available at exhorbitant cost from both mainstream and limited run companies, with the latter often needing more work than a lazy ham-fisted dink like me is willing to put in. Also note my personal prejudice: aircraft that hold great possibilities for the 'What if?' genre. 

In 1/72...

Supermarine Scimitar. Really surprised Airfix hasn't done this yet. I know about the Xtrakit one, but they're just about all gone.

Hindustan Marut. I sound like a broken record on this one, but I don't care. It's a beautiful aircraft that deserves a decent kit. And there are probably enough modelers in India alone to make a profit.

Avro CF-100 Canuck. The Hobbycraft one is still the only game in town as far as I know. It also has faults, and is becoming increasingly rare.

Avro Manchester. Yes, it was more of a bomb than a bomber, but the progenitor of the mighty Lancaster deserves better.

Vickers Wellesley. Because the Matchbox example is getting rarer, and needs improvement. 

American X-planes. Can't believe we don't have a decent choice for the X-2 and X-3, and the Douglas Skyrocket. Shameful. 

There are probably many others I would like, but those are the ones that come to mind right now. 

To illustrate, literally, choice number 2; is this not beautiful?

Maruts IMG_6864.JPG

Edited by The Rat