What plane is on your wishlist?

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, WarLycan said:

1/32 F9F-5 or -2 Panther.

Dig deep in your couch for lost change, 2nd mortgage on your home or take up gold mining and you might can buy an out of production Fisher kit.  I’m sitting here right now building one of his Cougar kits. My Panther is soon to follow.  
But you’re right. Not like it’s a huge model in 1/32. No idea why no IM were never kitted unless it’s just a small market. 

1/72 S-61F from Italeri - still don't get why they never did it, given their propensity for helo kits with multiple versions:

Italian SAR HH-3F for both their own domestic and wider European markets.

USCG Pelican to join the HH-60J, C-27J and HC-130H they've already done.

HH-3E Jolly Green Giant with Vietnam and Desert Storm options.

CH-3C with Vietnam, SAR and VIP options.

Either of the latter would have scope as a Revell release too, like the MH-53J...

2 hours ago, andyf117 said:

1/72 S-61F from Italeri - still don't get why they never did it, given their propensity for helo kits with multiple versions:

Italian SAR HH-3F for both their own domestic and wider European markets.

USCG Pelican to join the HH-60J, C-27J and HC-130H they've already done.

HH-3E Jolly Green Giant with Vietnam and Desert Storm options.

CH-3C with Vietnam, SAR and VIP options.

Either of the latter would have scope as a Revell release too, like the MH-53J...

What Andy said!  The old Lindberg & Revell kits are a little long in the tooth and give credence to the helicopter adage: "40,000 rivets flying in close formation!"

1/32 Mitsubishi F-2 from either Tamiya or Hasegawa. I am surprised/disappointed this has not been done by a Japanese manufacturer especially after all the F-16 kits they have released in this scale. 

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

1/32 Mitsubishi F-2 from either Tamiya or Hasegawa. I am surprised/disappointed this has not been done by a Japanese manufacturer especially after all the F-16 kits they have released in this scale. 

Yes!  Unfortunately due to a limited market (JSDF subjects only) I doubt we’ll ever see this in 1/32. 🥵

21 hours ago, Scott Smith said:

Yes!  Unfortunately due to a limited market (JSDF subjects only) I doubt we’ll ever see this in 1/32. 🥵

Never say never, both the A-10 nd F-105 were limited markets and they are pretty well covered in all scales. 

Just a thought.

Cheers :cheers:

Itch

3 hours ago, Cajun21 said:

Never say never, both the A-10 nd F-105 were limited markets and they are pretty well covered in all scales. 

Just a thought.

Cheers :cheers:

Itch

Good point!  Fingers crossed. 

I thought Tamiya and/or Hasegawa would have done a 1/32 F-2 as a matter of national pride.  Hasegawa has a long run of 1/72 & 1/48 F-2 releases, and Fine Molds is releasing kits in 1/72 so I doubt limited market explains it. 

Edited by habu2

I really want to see a new tool 1/48 B-26 Marauder. After that, new tool B-25B through J models, also in 1/48. ICM did a fantastic job with the Invader kits, so I know they would be the best choice to produce them. Also, they are about the same size as the Invader, so it would make sense for them to produce the Marauder and B-25's.

On 5/30/2022 at 3:08 AM, caudleryan said:

I really want to see a new tool 1/48 B-26 Marauder. After that, new tool B-25B through J models, also in 1/48. ICM did a fantastic job with the Invader kits, so I know they would be the best choice to produce them. Also, they are about the same size as the Invader, so it would make sense for them to produce the Marauder and B-25's.

Accurate Miniatures (and all those who are using their molding tools) have a great series of earlier B-25 in the B, C/D, and G versions. Monogram's old J does need a re-release though.