1/48 Revell F-101B Voodoo - 409 Sqn RCAF, July 1976

Earlier this week, I presented this commission build to the widow and son of the pilot who was killed on 05 July 1976.  The aircraft went into the Straight of Georgia, near CFB Comox in British Columbia.  The pilot and aircraft were never recovered.  Alclad II lacquers, Model Master Enamels and Metalizers, Leading Edge Models Decals and Belcher Bits decals were used in completion of the project.  No AM other than decals.

Done - Left 2

Done - Right 3

Done - Top

Done - Left Front

Done - Flap 2

Done - Bottom

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Emvar - yup.  I have the Kittyhawk kit but it's down the list of builds.  I still have the Tiger Meet to do too!

Ron and Dutch...thank you.  I always considered it a privilege to serve my community for the 31+ years that I did.

Thanks Scooby.  Les Cox (pilot) and Roy Smith (WSO) were the two crew members killed.  I built this for Les's widow and her son.  I'm also refreshing a similar model for Les's daughter to look like this one.

Really nice build for a super nice reason.  Bless you for doing that.  It's too bad that with the advances in underwater exploration technology, there isn't a renewed effort to locate the wreckage.

Rick L.