BoneFragments' 1/48th B-1B CRL Bomb Bay Set - Update

Check out the latest progress on the forthcoming BONEFRAGMENTS Models B-1B CRL (Conventional Rotary Launcher) Set in 1/48th scale. A look at the design in Fusion 360 along with reference photos and kit parts comparisons        Available soon from bone-fragments.com

Please subscribe to help the channel be able to do live videos with Q&A

Edited by BONEFRAGMENTS
forgot a comment

I've been following Bone Fragments since the beginning, and I'm now in a position where I have grandiose plans for my two B-ONEs in the stash, but there are so many goodies on the horizon that I don't want to start yet. The quality and detail level of their stuff is incredible. At this point, I'd like to see an entire 1:48 B-1 kit from Bone Fragments!

Anyone wanting to see more should check out there the B-1 Builder's Support Group on Facebook. There are some amazing builds there, and I'm surprised that they don't seem to find their way to ARC as well. 

On 6/22/2021 at 2:44 PM, Specter1075 said:

I've been following Bone Fragments since the beginning, and I'm now in a position where I have grandiose plans for my two B-ONEs in the stash, but there are so many goodies on the horizon that I don't want to start yet. The quality and detail level of their stuff is incredible. At this point, I'd like to see an entire 1:48 B-1 kit from Bone Fragments!

Anyone wanting to see more should check out there the B-1 Builder's Support Group on Facebook. There are some amazing builds there, and I'm surprised that they don't seem to find their way to ARC as well. 

I've got a B-1 in the stash as well.  There have been a lot of parts put out over the years and I have most of them.  Out of curiosity, what are the goodies on the horizon that you speak of?  Maybe i'll hold of on starting mine too.

Bone Fragments is a distributer for the Army Cast wing flaps/slats set that many people don't know about. They are pricey and are produced in limited runs. They also have an issue for some people where the resin shrinks post production, and people are left to add in spacers to make the parts line up.

Army Cast also produced the 10 Store Conventional Bomb module which will allow you to put in conventional munitions in the 500 pound class (Maybe up to 1000? I can't remember).

Bone Fragments has produced a pylon for mounting the Sniper pod. There was a company in the past that made one, but they are now defunct. Bone Fragments have also produced a high detail version of the auxiliary fuel tanks that can be fitted into one of the bomb bays. They have a correction set for the intakes, and an antenna set to bring the aircraft up to the modern standard. They are also working on the Conventional Rotary Launcher featured in the video above. It will allow you to put in the modern 2000lb class PGMs like the GBU-31.

Unofficially, and I have no knowledge beyond public conversations, I think they (or someone) is working on a detail set for the wing glove area. With the existence of the wing flaps set, and more people building the aircraft with wings forward, the base kit is sorely lacking in this area. Many talented people have taken to doing a lot of scratch work for their builds in this area, but for the rest of us mortals, an update set here would be fantastic.

Other stuff I am personally waiting for, and hope to see one day, are sets to liven up the wheel wells, and maybe a set to correctly display all the lighting on the aircraft. The base kit was quite undetailed by today's standards.

As for other stuff, I presume you know about the Barracuda sets for the wheels, towed decoy, and exhaust? I think their exhaust is still considered superior/more accurate compared to the more recent releases by other companies.

I think that covers the gamut.

Edited by Specter1075
  • 2 years later...