F-14D 164601 VF-31 AMK 1/48

Thank You.

I will try in a few sentences to make a comparison of tamiya and AMK tomcat.

-Cockpit, Amk much better and probably more accurate, the instrument panels on the decals are gray instead of black.

-Tamiya seats much better, AMK are detailed but I think they filled the headrest.

-Wheelbay there AMK did a top job something like the Su-35S GWH. -The landing gear here also AMK surpassed Tamiya and the hydraulics are almost faithfully done like on a real plane. They also have a front landing gear ready for catapulting.

- Wheels, Tamiya much better.

- Air inlets, Tamiya did it much better and easier.

-Wings is again a better AMK because it also has wings in the catapult position.

- Nozzles, AMK did more details

-Weapon carriers tamiya did much better, PROBABLY AND ACCURATELY 

-Weapons: The AIM-9M is better the AMK, but the advantage of the Tamiya is that the G / H variant can also be done AIM-7 Here AMK may have made the best version of this rocket in plastic, while with tamiya it is possible to make an earlier version E and a later F The AIM-54 is again a better AMK, but the A or C version can also be made with the Tamiya -GBU-12/16 I prefer tamiya because AMK has a little more work around pin marks. -GBU-31 tamiya better. -GBU-38 only has AMK and they did a great job.

Decals, AMKs look better and thinner to me , but for me personally tamiya has nicer variants.

• viper-dc changed the title to F-14D 164601 VF-31 AMK 1/48
  • 2 weeks later...