T-6 Texan / Harvard Lebanon What base color?

Question for the historical experts.

I know this is a long shot. I recently purchased the excellent 1/72 Special Hobby Harvard boxing of Academy's T-6G molds and would like to build the AT-6G of the Lebanese Air Force as provided on the Armycast Texan decal sheet

Clicky

There is no consent if they were natural metal or painted yellow.

Unfortunately, I only found a fewblack an white pictures of Lebanese Texans and the question remaina

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Since these Harvards came from the RAF, that would suggest yellow. But the pics are not clear since they appear different for the different AC numbers.

Thanks for the support.
Best regards
Michael

My vote is for natural metal or painted aluminium if you like. There does appear to be a slight shine above the u/c on the one in Example 1. In the 1950's a lot of the RAF a/c were painted High Speed Silver.

----------

Hhm, a good approach to interpreting the color. I was comparing the forward tip of the rudder ( which extends over the empennage). It has a different sheen than the rest of the fuselage which should not be the case if the overall base color was yellow. Comparing it to color pics of other all metal Texans the rudder also has different sheen that the fuselage. I guess NMF it is.

Thanks

Michael

3 hours ago, SCOUT712 said:

I was comparing the forward tip of the rudder ( which extends over the empennage). It has a different sheen than the rest of the fuselage which should not be the case

Michael

Remember that they rudder is completely fabric covered.  The surface and the silver "dope" it is painted with (outside of the rudder stripes) will have a different reflectivity than metal / painted metal.

C2j