DreamModel kits at Daiyee.com

Just a heads up for those who might be interested...

Despite two missing PE frets as mentioned in @Hajo L.'s thread here: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/310580-mh-65d-dolphin-hitron-in-172-by-dreammodel/ , I was sufficiently impressed with the DreamModel 1/72 HH/MH-65C/D recently purchased through eBay to look at buying another...

....I could have got a second from the same UK seller, but then a Google search came up with Daiyee.com, who had a handful for $9.99 each in a "Special Offer" section, and with free shipping - seemed too good to be true, but a further Google indicated the site was trustworthy, and as payment would be via PayPal (and using my Amex card), I figured I was well protected should things go awry...

....I'm very happy to report that the kit arrived only 18 days after ordering, was fully complete, and best of all, I wasn't stung for either VAT or Post Office handling charges, so it cost about a third of the eBay one's price!

The HH/MH-65C/D is now showing as 'sold out', but the site does have a few of most of the other DM Dolphin/Dauphin versions at $19.99 each, along with the AH-1Z Viper at the same price - so to anyone looking for any of them, I can say buy with confidence...

Nice find Andy! I bought my DreamModel kits at Hobbyeasy Japan, purely because I have not been able to find a DreamModel seller in Europe (exept 1001hobbies but they dare to ask over 50 euros for a Dauphin which comes pretty close to ridiculous). Quite affordable prices at Hobbyeasy (but take shipping costs into acount), but I once had an unpleasant surprise when I unexpectedly had to pay a considerable amount for customs clearance when the kits had arrived in the Netherlands.

How are the shipping costs from Daiyee/ US?

3 hours ago, GeejeeZ said:

How are the shipping costs from Daiyee/ US?

Daiyee sends from China, and the shipping is free - I had fully expected to be charged VAT and handling fees when it reached the UK, which would have made the total about GBP 17.00, but that would still have been 20% less than the one via eBay. As it was, it only cost me GBP 7.25 (about 8.50 Euros)!

Edited by andyf117