Testors Decal Bonder still around?

I had a quick look at some of our aussie online stores, and found the testers decal bonder available to purchase. The website is called "Hobby Headquarters" in New South Wales.

Keeping in mind that I am in no way recommending them, or know of shipping from here to there... But to answer your question, it's available still!

HTH

Andy

I recommend switching to Microscale Decal Film. It isn't yellow, and it makes a much thinner final product. It's a little bit more effort but your model will look better.

For decals I print on an inkjet, I spray a thin layer of the Decal Film using an airbrush (I thin it with acrylic paint thinner) and when it is dry I brush a layer on top. You can't just airbrush a full protective layer because it will get foggy, and just brushing will probably smear the print.

I find that one brush layer is sufficient for a black decal. For something with lots of magenta ink (like the color red) I need to brush on 2 or 3 layers - for some reason that color is particularly prone to running. When applying just get the paper backing wet and set it down until it's soft enough to move. Don't let the decal sit in water.