Zvezda and Revell 777-300ER-same kit

Hmm, I am not sure they are the same.  I have both, and the wing to fuselage joint and tail cone and tailplanes are different. According to SCM, Zvezda is a new tool kit circa 2009.

Edited by Dutch

I saw on Scalemates Zvezda had a new tool in 2015, about the same time as Revell. I have a feeling the kit before that was

not the same as the new one, it's weird because Zvezdas' is 2015 and Revells' is 2016. jon

5 hours ago, Dutch said:

Hmm, I am not sure rhey are the same.  I have both, and the wing to fuselage joint and tail cone and tailplanes are different. According to SCM, Zvezda is a new tool kit circa 2009.

I am afraid you are in error this time Brother Dutch, I just dug both my kits from the stash and compared the Revell and Zvezda kits and they are the same moulds, the only differences in the boxings are the decals and that Zvezda supply a stand and is in grey plastic and the Revell boxing is in white plastic. The sprue with engine parts, stabs and gears legs, etc is cut in to two parts to make it fit into the smaller Revell box. Revell also supplies the clear cabin window strips as per the Zvezda boxing. 

4 hours ago, jonwinn said:

I saw on Scalemates Zvezda had a new tool in 2015, about the same time as Revell. I have a feeling the kit before that was

not the same as the new one, it's weird because Zvezdas' is 2015 and Revells' is 2016. jon

The Zvezda kit was the original tool and was released first, Revell decided to re-box it later, that is the reason for different release dates. Same plastic as mentioned above.

9 hours ago, Dutch said:

Ray, I had the original 1991 Revell 767 Lauda Air/LTU Sud boxing. I will check both kits again when I return home later today. But I defer to your older and wiser judgment. K/r, Dutch

If you are talking 767s then you are correct, The Revell and Zvezda kits are different moulds, we have jumped in the 21st century and are talking 777s 😄 

Edited by Trojan Thunder