F-16I Paint Colors - Any Good Recommendations?

I thought I was getting nearing the end of painting my Kinetic 1/48 F-16I Sufa.  I painted the top colors with Ammo by Mig IAF paint set.  I prefer Tamiya paints, so painted the underside in a Tamiya paint mix I had to match FS36375.  This matches Testors Acryl FS36375 perfectly and I've used it on previous projects with good results.  So it's a tried and proven match for the color as far as a paint chip goes.  Of course once can debate scale effect and everything.

Anyway, this appears much too dark now.  These are pictures trying to show the contrast between the camo colors as seen on a side view and from the top looking at the missile rails to the camo colors.

Anyone have any thoughts are recommendations on paints they've used to match well?  The camo colors seemed decent, although the brown a bit "faded".  But the gray just seems too dark.

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

25 minutes ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

Model Master...

They tend to be my go to for color accuracy. That’s why I matched this mix to Model Master. But it looks much too dark on the model with the other colors. 

EDIT: I’m not saying the color isn’t accurate. But for all the combinations of reasons including the other colors, natural lighting in reference photos, scale effect, etc., it doesn’t look right. 

Edited by ESzczesniak

If I understand correctly, you're looking for FS 36375 Light Ghost Gray using Tamiya bottles. If yes, the best match I have obtained:

- XF-80 +Tamiya blue (9:1)

or

- XF-19 + Tamiya white + Tamiya blue (6:3:1)

If I were to use just a single color (no mixing), I think XF-80 is the best match. 

That scheme weathered quickly in the field.  I have seen fresh from the factory photos and the colors appear more “contrasty” much like your kit. Maybe add a thin coat of a lighter color for weathering? 

25 minutes ago, habu2 said:

That scheme weathered quickly in the field.  I have seen fresh from the factory photos and the colors appear more “contrasty” much like your kit. Maybe add a thin coat of a lighter color for weathering? 

Yes, I've noticed that too!  In fact, I'm generally planning to portray this as a more weathered bird.  The camo colors in person appear a bit more faded.  These are from an iPhone and I didn't do anything to adjust white balance.  Unfortunately it's the topside colors that seem to fade quicker and the underside gray doesn't seem to be hit as hard.  So this is in the opposite direction.  I think to get the right overall "feel", I'm going to need to remask and lighten the gray a fair bit.  It'll be fine, just feels annoying at the moment.