Matchbox Porsche 917/10 1/32 scale...

As some of you know, I have a passion for race cars. I race my own '71 Lola T202 with the FFCS (Formula Ford Challenge Series) group here in the USA. This gives me many opportunities to see real race cars up close for details you don't get from photos.

This has been around for years. I have never built it as I build in 1/24 scale but figured I would give it a go.

Screen_Shot_2021-04-15_at_11.16.57_PM.pn

To get a real true sense of just how special this car is, take a look at the vid below from people who know...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhQZmlrRuRY

Engine went together well with just careful painting.

thumbnail1.jpeg

Interior was detailed with extra framing. Seats painted with liquid glue and textured with stiff brush. Nasty tires sanded down to correct profile.
Chrome wheels were coated with dull-coat to replicate polished aluminum. My own tire lettering. Everything assembled and all fit perfectly.

12.jpeg

221.jpeg

7.jpeg

17.jpeg

20.jpeg

The Matchbox decals for this car are about 20% too small and some graphics are missing entirely. I bought aftermarket but those were just copies of the kits. I didn't realize this until after I was done decaling. The woefully undersized markings gave the kit an inaccurate, toy like appearance so off they all came.

thumbnail_(76).jpeg

Screen_Shot_2021-04-20_at_4.00.57_PM.png

While at the "Indycals" website looking for something else, I found this beautiful sheet with everything almost perfectly sized.

917-14.jpeg

A gazillion times better. So now it's finished for the second and last time.

Screen_Shot_2021-04-30_at_6.30.19_PM.png

thumbnail_(94).jpeg

917-12.jpeg

917-11.jpeg

917-9.jpeg

917-8.jpeg

917-2.jpeg

917-7.jpeg

917-6.jpeg

This is my first ever 1/32 scale car and NOT to be my last. I already have the 935 and Indycal Martini decals newly added to the stash.

917-4.jpeg

Thanks for following along this far, get these Matchboxs off evilbay while you can, highly recommended.

Edited by Allan31
52 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Nicely done.  Now, please tell more about your Lola.

Ah, my Lola. Below are some stills, below that a vid from a couple of weeks ago. Enjoy.

thumbnail_(16).jpeg

Screen_Shot_2021-05-11_at_10.01.47_PM.pn

Have fun and start it from the beginning. I don't know why it starts at the last lap. You will get to see were I'm run off on the straight at 110mph by a "friend"....

Started 5th, finished 2nd.

Just as an aside, my car is an Historic car and all the others are more modern, and technologically advanced Club Fords.......just sayin........