Old-school Japanese Planes, plus some newer ones!

Well, it’s summer time, and that means Hobby Shop Road Trips! Sadly, though, with COVID still smacking my home provice around, it’s not quite to that point. Thankfully, though, one of my local shops managed to buy a whole tonne of old kits, so I’ve been able to recreate the experience just by going across town!

Over the last bit, I’ve managed to acquire a lot of kits I’d not seen before, including a large number of Japanese floatplanes, as well as some WWII and even some Jets from Hasegawa and Fujimi, primarily. Of course, I also picked up some other weirdness, because why wouldn’t I?

Check out my latest haul at the link below, and vote, at the bottom of that page, for what you want to see reviewed out of box first!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/japanese-model-plane-score-july-2021/

japanese-floatplanes-july-2021-1.jpg?w=4

Edited by Faust
  • 3 months later...

Yeah, I like Japanese WWII planes, for the most part. A lot of glass though! 

Thanks to my local shop getting in so much sprue this year from one guy's collection, my WWII Japanese inventory has grown a lot. I'd say I have most of the main single-engined fighters (save the Shoki, which I dislike) and a lot of float planes. I still don't have many larger planes, save for Peggy and the Ki-109 (I think) interceptor. 

Sadly, the venerable TA-4J didn't win, but it is one of my favourite two-seaters. That they could put a second seat in such a small plane and STILL make it work so well is quite a testament to Heinemann's genius, I think.