Jon, It does look spiffy.  Most of my models are 3 footers, so you are doing well.  At least the windscreen decal fit "correctly" and is not at a wierd angle.  So this gives me confidence to build my two Minicraft 757-200s OOTB. Thankfully, I have chose markings where I don't have a complicated scheme where doors and decal are one.  One of mine is a cargo scheme, so only the cockpit door is required.  The other is all one color, so windows and doors are separate.   Let's see her all finished please!  I am admiring from several hundred miles away.  Looks good!  K/r, Dutch

I started working on the main landing gear. I have both on and one has the Y strut in the "proper" location. Dutch suggested using the left Y for the right side and the right Y for the left side, it worked. Thanks Dutch.  jon

757 84.JPG

Edited by jonwinn

Welcome. I had to add a small length to the Y leg that goes into the wheel well, the "leg" closest to the small diameter MLG leg. The other leg that goes into the wheel well by the fuselage was long enough and needed no alterations. jon

Edited by jonwinn

Thanks, I tried building this several years ago and had problems with it, it may have been more self inflicted than the kits' fault.The biggest kit blunder was actually the Y struts location. The kit would have you assemble it upside down and it was MOLDED to go in upside down! That was actually an easy fix, I found the biggest problem outside of that for me was the decals. They are of a complex scheme and I give credit to the decal maker for tackling it! Did any other decal maker try it? I don't know. I wanted to model a plane I had flown in, a Song 757-200 in 2008 from Boston to Tampa, so I did one. jon

Edited by jonwinn

Bravo Jon!  Well done sir!  Yes, it is a difficult scheme to do, but you pulled it off and now have a tangible bit of history to go with your memories!  I had the devil of a time with my JAS rainbow wrap-around schemes on the Hasegawa 1/200 777 & one or two of the MD-90s.  Another one across the goal line!  Hurrah!  K/r, Dutch

• 4 weeks later...