Some of my aviation pictures from this year (so far)

Hey all!  I used to share my airshow pictures on here, and haven't done it for a long time.  Here's a few shots that I have taken thatI figured some like-minded modelers would appreciate. Hope this works this time...

158A9657

158A6147 SPIKER11 158A4438 158A4967 MC-130H 158A3178 Vigilante Rampage

Edited by Djack
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Djack changed the title to Some of my aviation pictures from this year (so far)

Great photos, thanks for posting them!

I didn’t know there were civilian Mirage F.1s operating in the US. I went to look them up and saw that N567EM was involved in a fatal crash last May. 😢

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown

Thanks Ben, yes you are correct about the crash in Vegas.  There are two companies that have the F.1s.  ATAC has retired French AF, Draken has retired Spanish AF Mirages. 

David

Thanks for the compliments guys!  I'm definitely no pro, but it is very enjoyable to do.  My camera is a Canon 7D Mark ii with a Canon 100mm-400mm lens.  The settings very tremendously depending on the light conditions, and the subject (fast movers vs props).  A lot of my camera settings are listed on the Flickr page for each individual photo. I attended Oshkosh for the first time last weekend...insane how big the show was!  Lots of photos form that to add as well, just haven't felt like editing any of them and uploading them.  Soon enough I will. 

David

Edited by Djack
18 hours ago, Djack said:

My camera is a Canon 7D Mark ii with a Canon 100mm-400mm lens.  

I have the same outfit. Which 100-400 do you have the v1 push/pull or the v2 twist zoom?

I tend to shoot aperture priority to stay in the “sweet spot” of the lens. 

Edited by habu2
14 hours ago, Djack said:

Thanks for the compliments guys!  I'm definitely no pro, but it is very enjoyable to do.  My camera is a Canon 7D Mark ii with a Canon 100mm-400mm lens.  The settings very tremendously depending on the light conditions, and the subject (fast movers vs props).  A lot of my camera settings are listed on the Flickr page for each individual photo. I attended Oshkosh for the first time last weekend...insane how big the show was!  Lots of photos form that to add as well, just haven't felt like editing any of them and uploading them.  Soon enough I will. 

David

Glad to hear you made it to Oshkosh! I was there on Thursday when the AFSOC did their downed pilot rescue simulation with the AC130, MC130 CV2 Osprey and a  number of PJ's on motorcycles, ATV's etc. My first time watching the Osprey and I was very impressed. Although that was the main reason I chose to go on Thursday, I wish I would have waited one or 2 days to catch all of the .mil static displays which I assume happened late Thursday or Friday. Great time, the legacy flights and demo's were awesome.

I'm a Nikon shooter and used my 28-300 on my D750. I need to buy a nice "long" telephoto for shooting action and wildlife. I'm primarily a landscape shooter.

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
add
On 8/3/2021 at 10:01 PM, habu2 said:

I have the same outfit. Which 100-400 do you have the v1 push/pull or the v2 twist zoom?

I tend to shoot aperture priority to stay in the “sweet spot” of the lens. 

I had the v1 push/pull at one time, but last year I bought a new one, which is the v2.  Took a while to get used to for sure after having the other one for 10 years. 

David