TAMIYA F4B PHANTOM II 1/48.

Greetings,

In great contrast from my recent completed Roden T28 that there was much carving, trimming and sanding, I am now ready for a high quality, "fall together", no headache enjoyable kit. There is nothing but spectacular rave reviews of this new Tamiya release so I cannot wait to taste what it has to offer. The markings will likely during the Viet Nam conflict. Dai 

1-48-f-4b-phantom-ii-mcdonnell-douglas-300061121_01.jpeg

Edited by dai phan

Hi all...

I notice that it is too early for Eduard to release the instrument panels PE set. And there are no decals to use in the kit either. I do not think I am capable of hand painting that is as good as the PE set. This could push me back on expected start date this weekend. Dai 

Hello everyone...

Quinta Studio is working on this set for the kit and no doubt I will get one. If I can go ahead and built the plane then add these later then I will do. If not then I have to wait. No way hand painting can come close to this. For those who have built the plane, can the consoles, instrument panels be added after the fuse is closed? Dai 

219538594_3117001421919623_2686739902552024156_n.jpg

Greetings everyone...

I look at the kit and I am very impressed. There are LOTS of plastic and the nice touch are the two large color prints of the aircrafts featured as well as the brochure on the F4 history. The molding is first class and there is not even a hint of flash anywhere. However, I am appalled by the mold seems on the clear parts and with Tamiya's reputation and engineering, I do not understand why they cannot do a seam free canopy. Other companies like ZM, Academy, Hasegawa and even the old Monogram have seams free clear parts. So for what you get, price tag of around 90 USD is more than fair. I am going to start assembling and will do the cockpit once the 3D parts are available on the market. Dai 

On 7/27/2021 at 4:25 AM, afterburner said:

I can paint a decent console but damn, that’s just awesome.

I believe until you see from up close the quality of these decals, you can't really believe how amazing these are.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to your starting the kit.  When I saw the the pic above of the Quinta instrument panel I just had to get one.   I've received mine -- and it looks great.   I notice there's just one ejection seat handle for each seat.   I was hoping the halves glue on together since the bottoms are flat but I guess you wouldn't notice once they're on since they're viewed from above when installed.   

Just now, crackerjazz said:

Looking forward to your starting the kit.  When I saw the the pic above of the Quinta instrument panel I just had to get one.   I've received mine -- and it looks great.   I notice there's just one ejection seat handle for each seat.   I was hoping the halves glue on together since the bottoms are flat but I guess you wouldn't notice once they're on since they're viewed from above when installed.   

I ordered on 8/16/21 from Quinta and STILL not here. Will have to contact QS tomorrow. Dai 

1 hour ago, dai phan said:

I ordered on 8/16/21 from Quinta and STILL not here. Will have to contact QS tomorrow. Dai 

They seem pretty active over on LSP's Vendor forum, maybe try there?   I'm concerned about the delay, I'm waiting for their 32nd F-4C cockpit to be released, hoping it's not going to take months to get it after placing my order. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2021 at 10:52 AM, 11bee said:

They seem pretty active over on LSP's Vendor forum, maybe try there?   I'm concerned about the delay, I'm waiting for their 32nd F-4C cockpit to be released, hoping it's not going to take months to get it after placing my order. 

I contacted QS and informed them of the problem. Next day I got a refund without any kind of response nor explaination ! What in the world? Dai 

Based on an email from Hobbynut Models that I got today, it sounds like they are having problems keeping up with demand.

I currently have four orders pending with Quinta, several hundred items, that are delayed due to demand and production speed limitations at Quinta. Quinta does not stock their products, instead prints them to order. My oldest order is a few weeks overdue. Quinta has promised to ship my largest order this week. Normally, It takes 5-7 days for it to arrive to me as I pay for priority air shipping from Russia. I continue place a new order every Monday, in the past it would delivered in 10-14 days after, unfortunately, this has temporarily changed to 4-5 weeks at the moment. I have ordered more than enough sets to try to keep these stock on the full line, but Quinta is doing their best to ramp up production enough to cover orders. Please be patient, they are experiencing unprecedented growth and are doing their best to catch up. 

Edited by Dave Williams
1 hour ago, crackerjazz said:

I got mine from quinta.studio's ebay shop.   Maybe they fulfill ebay orders faster?  

It would make little sense for a company to prioritize eBay orders that have to be individually boxed up, addressed, postage applied, and sent, over an order from a vendor for thousands of dollars worth of sets that all get sent to one place in one package.  Also, some companies pay for air shipping, which is a lot faster than the typical economy shipping used for eBay orders.