Photos of New Russian Fighter?

Apologies if I missed this in other discussions, but it looks like there's a new, single-engine Russian fighter, with low-observable technologies, with photos being captured:

Joseph Dempsey on Twitter: "#Russia apparently just gave away a big preview of their new combat aircraft design ahead of #MAKS2021 https://t.co/HlrKN2kUpf https://t.co/lOhBRjlAP8" / Twitter

new-russian-fighter-jet-700x420.jpg

15 hours ago, drake122 said:

waimj9H.gif

I like the expression of Angela Merkel's face! Oh! nein das ist nicht angebracht!!!

As for the new Russian fighter. If we don't see it in action we can't really say anything about it other than "it reminds me of that X or Y design I saw a few decades ago" or "what an ugly m.....r f....r". And I agree with a comment made above, some ugly airplanes have done their job admirably. 

Edited by SERNAK

There are only so many ways to design a modern stealthy fighter. It's going to have two canted tails. It's going to have features like the chine along the sides.  It's going to have a wing in roughly that form. It's probably going to have a diverterless inlet. Just look at all the other stealth fighters being developed, like the Korean KF-X or the Indian AMCA or the French-German one. The only choices are to have horizontal stabilizers or not, and to have two intakes on the sides or one on the bottom F-16 style, and if they did it on the sides everyone would be saying they were copying the F-35.

22 hours ago, TaiidanTomcat said:

The Russian/east bloc responses I've seen on the internet have been pretty comical 

To what exactly?

And it can't possibly be as comical as the idiots claiming it looked exactly like F-35 based on bad pictures of airframe being wrapped in tarp and being moved. They had amazing Mk3 eyesight to be able to look through the tarp, but not amazing enough to analyze that the tail configuration is completely different. Those who claimed that it looked like F-35 are nowhere to be seen now that it is unveiled... How strange.

2 hours ago, Berkut said:

To what exactly?

And it can't possibly be as comical as the idiots claiming it looked exactly like F-35 based on bad pictures of airframe being wrapped in tarp and being moved. They had amazing Mk3 eyesight to be able to look through the tarp, but not amazing enough to analyze that the tail configuration is completely different. Those who claimed that it looked like F-35 are nowhere to be seen now that it is unveiled... How strange.

maybe it means they're capable of shame, the group I mentioned certainly is not. besides, it will take some time for the group I mentioned to fall back to earth. 

there can be more than one set of idiots. I've learned that many times

17 hours ago, spejic said:

There are only so many ways to design a modern stealthy fighter. It's going to have two canted tails. It's going to have features like the chine along the sides.  It's going to have a wing in roughly that form. It's probably going to have a diverterless inlet. Just look at all the other stealth fighters being developed, like the Korean KF-X or the Indian AMCA or the French-German one. The only choices are to have horizontal stabilizers or not, and to have two intakes on the sides or one on the bottom F-16 style, and if they did it on the sides everyone would be saying they were copying the F-35.

indeed, which is funny because we heard so much about what a dog the F-35 was, and now all of the sudden its "well theres really only one way to do it..."

never forget rule #1, its a bad idea until I copy it. And when I do, I came up with it first. 🙂 

19 hours ago, spejic said:

This - as much as I don't like the possibility that Russia may soon have a somewhat capable, at least partially stealthy aircraft to sell to shady nations with human rights violations; I don't think it is a copy of anything. From an engineering standpoint, spejic is exactly right and there are only so many ways to develop a fighter in roughly the same performance/capability envelope of the F-35.

5 hours ago, TaiidanTomcat said:

maybe it means they're capable of shame

Nice joke. They most certainly are not. I have called out two of said idiots and their response didnt convey any shame whatsoever. Or you know, when you have claimed multiple times in not-so-distant-past that T-50 doesnt have sidebays and that they must be something else. But hey, water under the bridge? 😉

Now, I am still not any more enlightened as to what responses you are referring to. I am just genuinely curious.

8 hours ago, Berkut said:

Nice joke. They most certainly are not. I have called out two of said idiots and their response didnt convey any shame whatsoever. Or you know, when you have claimed multiple times in not-so-distant-past that T-50 doesnt have sidebays and that they must be something else. But hey, water under the bridge? 😉

do you mean me personally on the side bays? or the general "you"  because I honestly don't remember that, and have like 6 years of sleep deprivation going, so I seriously don't remember, also I drink. sidebays seem to be the least of the Su-57 concerns now, so I guess water under the bridge. 

did I say something about side bays? honest question. 

I've been shameless on a lot of things, so I don't mind-- but my mind boggles on that one. 

8 hours ago, Berkut said:

Now, I am still not any more enlightened as to what responses you are referring to. I am just genuinely curious.

just the same trash we see with everything new anyone rolls out. the last 20 fighter programs that went over budget are no indication this one will, its going to X amount of dollars, and do all these things. A lot of Russians have already crowned this king kong at gripen prices. people basically taking the earliest suggestions as verifiable proof. etc. people saying it won't be like that sill JSF, and then celebrating all the different versions that will be included as soon as the learn of them. that kind of stuff. 

there is a guy who has been like a kind of "reverse nostrodomos" nearly every prediction he has made the last 8 weeks has gone the opposite way. So thats been very funny, but also disappointing because I actually thought he had some information, but its turned out he actually knew very little. after haavalra got himself banned, we are down to just a one or two russian blowhards who have no idea what they are talking about. sad. keypubs seems dead, and I honestly can't be bothered with forums I even like as much anymore, let alone those that I didn't enjoy much. 

I don't see anything solid on checkmate at all, sukhoi clearly shopping around ideas and trying to see what sells before they decide to pursue it. Which is good because theyre proposing an awful lot... don't try and do it all at once now. 

but the lack of information, the lack of what it will be in the future even by those actually running the program says that its simply too early to be sure of anything. 

since we are bringing up pakfa and its sidebays, and that its hard to make predictions, especially about the future, how did everyone's pakfa predictions go? we were all stunningly accurate I assume. if I was the sidebays guy, I was probably the only guy who got anything wrong on the predictions of the program. embarrassing. 

On 7/23/2021 at 8:47 AM, TaiidanTomcat said:

do you mean me personally on the side bays? or the general "you"  because I honestly don't remember that, and have like 6 years of sleep deprivation going, so I seriously don't remember, also I drink. sidebays seem to be the least of the Su-57 concerns now, so I guess water under the bridge. 

did I say something about side bays? honest question. 

I've been shameless on a lot of things, so I don't mind-- but my mind boggles on that one.

Not trying to hang you out to dry but in past you have said multiple times that the sidebays of T-50 cannot possibly be bays. This is multiple times over multiple occasions btw, despite of the presented evidence. IIRC you said it is more likely they house hydraulics for LEVCON's. We have known literally since day 1 of T-50 first taking to the sky (29 January 2010) that they are indeed sidebays. Since then there has been mountain of evidence, including a video of them in action.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 12:31 PM, Berkut said:

Not trying to hang you out to dry but in past you have said multiple times that the sidebays of T-50 cannot possibly be bays. This is multiple times over multiple occasions btw, despite of the presented evidence. IIRC you said it is more likely they house hydraulics for LEVCON's. We have known literally since day 1 of T-50 first taking to the sky (29 January 2010) that they are indeed sidebays. Since then there has been mountain of evidence, including a video of them in action.

are you sure that was me? I've made lots of complaints about PAKFA, but I don't think I ever complained or really cared about the bays. Again, I could be wrong, I sure as hell don't remember that. And its not the first time I've been confused with other posters, I'm not the only brash, silly, person on a lot of forums