The Ancient One - 1909 Kaysun/Hawk Hupmobile finished!

One of the fun parts of modelling is picking a subject that’s a bit different, or outside your comfort zone. Sure, it’s always fun to build a subject you know lots about, but building something unusual usually leads one to finding out a lot of interesting history and information about the subject. Thus, the experience is both informative and enjoyable, and who knows, maybe it even gives you a chance to acquire some new tricks!

For me, that’s exactly what happened when I build the old Hawk (nee Kaysun) 1909 Hupmobile that my friend Alan sent me by mail. I have always liked brass-era cars, but never had the chance to build one. Well, that has now been rectified, and I have to say, it was a scream!

I learned a tonne about early automotive history and even connected with some people I’d have never crossed paths with if I hadn’t had this kit to work on. It was a kit that my uncle and I were both excited about, although it’s a shame he passed away before he got to see it completed.

So, if you want to see something just a bit out of the ordinary, check out my Hupmobile at the link below; who knows, maybe you’ll find out something new too!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/hawk-kaysun-1-24-1909-hupmobile-model-20-runabout/

hupmobile-054.jpg?w=425