Looking for resources to convert an 1/48 Italiary UH-1N to a 412EP Fire Rescue variant. I am ok with having to scratch build some parts or if any other modeller can 3D print some parts but I thought I would exaust the retail market first just havent seen an 1/48 kit in the civilian variant I am looking for lots of 1/72 kits.

1. I have seen the Bell 412 HR2 Griffon detail conversion set for 84sq RAF Akroti-by Whirlybird but locating one to buy havent seen one. I know Belcher bits has a kit but its not as detailed as Whirlybirds. If there anyother conversion kits out there I appreciate the advice.

2. I am also looking for the under belly water resivoir tank.

3. Lastly a resource for civilian rescue aviation decals in 1/48.

Thanks for any help-Dave

maxresdefault-600x338.jpg

Nice subject to model, Dave!

1. I have the Whirlybird 84sq RAF Akroti kit in 1:72. Although most of the time I am quite fanatic about the Whirlybird stuff, this kit was somewhat of a disappointment. The parts that you would need are the long exhausts, the big sliding doors (with the bigger windows) and the fast fin tail. The doors (on the 1:72-Wb-kit) are just two door- size pieces of transparent resin: you have to mask the window positions and then paint the parts. Effective, I know, but you could just as well cut these parts yourself from transparent sheet plastic, using the Italeri doors as templates.

The fit of the Wb resin fast fin tail piece imho is too much of a hassle: you have to cut a part off of the kit's tailboom and then fit the resin piece there. Cutting the back part of the Italeri kit's tailfin gets equal results and leaves the surface detail of the tailboom intact.

2. CobraCompany had a resin 1:48 bellytank, although I don't know if it was the type that's used on your example. And ofcourse I wouldn't know where to get CobraCompany stuff nowadays/ if another company took over these conversions.

3. In Europe former Helostuff from Germany do civil rescue decals. https://www.sparks-scalemodelshop.de/en They don't have what you're looking for, but maybe you could ask them? 

HTH!

Gertjan

Edited by GeejeeZ
typo